iRacing

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by aXLe, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Boneman

Boneman Member

Skippy will usually split, F3 field is 28 so its touch and go, GT3 maybe, IMSA and ILMS probably not. Depends how late you stay up I guess, can go from 30 signups to 150 next race.

2. mojododo

mojododo Member

The australian racing scene is pretty good on iracing at the moment. Use the aus/nz forums on iracing to find the popular series and ones with good aus time zone SOF splits. As Fabs said above me, dont judge aussie numbers by this threads dead-ness. The OCAU (now called Mad Cow Racing) team moved off this forum thread a while back so the threads died.

3. Will S

Will S Member

4. summoner

summoner Member

Finally dragged my steering wheel out of the warehouse and did some laps yesterday. Really enjoying the 488 GT3, racing is actually pretty spastic free even with a bunch of low rated people.

5. summoner

summoner Member

more info? might be keen to get into this to an extent

millen likes this.
  6. millen

millen Member

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    summoner likes this.
  7. summoner

summoner Member

Thanks for that, at work so can't jump onto discord but do you know what time they run the Sunday sessions? Can't have it conflicting with F1 viewing! :)

8. millen

millen Member

yeah, usually all done by time for F1.
    practice is up from about 6.30 or 7, Qually starts at 8PM, Races are 8.30pm, all AEST.
    most races are 45 minutes, some weekends are enduro races that for for 90 mins. So can cut it fine for the odd F1 race, but now that most F1 races are on later anyway it hasn't been an issue for me yet.

9. Will S

Will S Member

and selling my CSW2 and CSW 2.5

anyone interested just PM me

Frag_Lord likes this.
  10. summoner

summoner Member

Handy to know.. now to see how the wife feels about me jumping in at around 6pm WST as that's when we're juggling kids to get to bed haha.

Eitherway I'll find a way!

11. millen

millen Member

haha, yes, I am also usually in a rush to get there, as also doing the dinner and getting child to bed thing too.
    Sometimes it's a struggle but, like you said, usually find a way.

12. summoner

summoner Member

mad cows twitter and FB seems dead for 2 years or so now, they still actually racing? I see plenty of aussies online in the fields/practice sessions which is good

13. millen

millen Member

I think the Cows moved onto WhatsApp? Last I heard anyway. I'd have thought they'd be keeping the twitter/facebook updated with what they're up to... but perhaps not, was cool when they were all in here chatting away. :D

14. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

Yep we still on WhatsApp. Not very active but there's a few of us still jumping in prac sessions and doing the odd race. Real life stuff getting in the way :(

15. Ouches

Ouches Member

Did anyone run in the recent Nurburgring 24hr?

16. summoner

summoner Member

Nope I'm just sticking to 488 GT3 fixed series atm, mostly because i've just dug my gear out of storage and it's a simple yet fun car to drive.

Don't have the time to commit to something like the 24hours

17. neopheX

neopheX Member

Welp, after a massive break from iRacing I got the itch to get back into it.

But I am wondering (more than likely a long shot) does anybody know where I can buy a new PU rod for Fanatec V2 pedals? The foam one that comes with them is rooted and not adequate anymore leaving a very spongy feel in the brakes. I can only find some from a seller in Hungary but it's nearly $40 for a bit of plastic. Surely it would be possible to source in Australia? Or am I shit outta luck?

Picture posted for reference of what is needed.

[​IMG]

18. atmo

atmo Member

19. summoner

summoner Member

Got my Clubsport V3's yesterday and promptly discovered they don't fit my rigs pedal mounts as my rig predates their existence. Need to mock up a template and get mate to cut/bend/drill me a fresh mounting plate. Was sad as realyl wanted to give them a crack as stepping up from G27 pedals.

20. neopheX

neopheX Member

Cheers for the reply mate. I ended up having a $15 off coupon for eBay so that softened the blow so bit the bullet and bought the ones from Hungary. Now to wait for the long delivery lol