1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

iRacing

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by aXLe, Jun 26, 2008.

1. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

pretty similar to cs2.5 base + decent wheel

2. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

Almost at a final version, still working on a couple things https://irbg.net

3. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

IRBG is live and updated with S1 data, check it out and let me know what you think. Had about 9k hits yesterday.

4. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

!! The final pieces of my rig should arrive on Monday. Might have time to set it up on Monday night, yeeeeehaaaaaaa

5. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I bought some Clubsport V3 pedals in the black friday sale. Still waiting for auspost to pull their finger out and put it on board a van. Been sitting at sydney "facility" for over a week.

6. Boneman

Boneman Member

AI is fun, can finally ram Tony Gardner off the road.

7. Coopz

Coopz Member

Just reactivated my account after 3 years, seems to be far to many race series now for the number of players. Even 7 hours ago I scrolled through every class I was eligible to race in and the biggest server had 5 cars in it. Now they have a dirt series as well, always thought that was a April Fools thing lol. Also a bit pissed I have to repurchase a few updated tracks, not sure if I'll be doing that, feel a bit ripped off.

millen likes this.
  8. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

Skippy, F3, Bogancars are popular. Depending on the track Skippies can hit about 8 splits at times.

9. mojododo

mojododo Member

Even more crucial now with so many series to find the australian SOF races each week. Or if time allows, whatever series you want to run and race the weekly SOF race in whatever timezone it is in.

10. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

I think you're much better off joining a league that runs a car you like.

HouseChampion likes this.
  11. Coopz

Coopz Member

Sad to see the old Star Mazda is pretty much dead but finding the GT Sprint Series to be the place to be, currently 180 registered for the 2200GMT race:p Just unfortunate they neglected the Ford GT, its undrivable. It used to be my favorite car:(

12. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

I also tried iracing after a hiatus away. I can’t help but feel the poor graphics and lack of commentary, kills my vibe. There’s just no ‘atmosphere’ especially through VR. I keep trying to get into it, but always find myself going back to ACC and PC2 when there is a good high requirement/minimum rating server.

13. Dr1fty

Dr1fty Member

I concur... The graphics is quite bland.. And while the tracks and cars are accurate, and realism is there, it's let down so much by the graphics. Both VR and Screen user here.

Only have AC, not ACC.. looking at PC2, but not sure if I want to spend the $$ yet. Might grab a sample and try and then decide if it's something to add along side AC.

14. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Yeah, Graphics are dated, but I don't understand why you want commentary in a Sim... When I'm racing intently, I hardly even hear Crew Chief telling me how far off the pace I am :).

NismoR31 and millen like this.
  15. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

ACC is a must for a sim racing collection IMO

16. Coopz

Coopz Member

Its using the old Grand Prix Legends engine, that came out 22 years ago (I think?). It was cutting edge back in its day but its showing its age now.

17. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

Had some horrible luck on the 24 hour on the weekend, still managed a decent finish from where we started!

18. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I was reading on the iRacing forums the other day that that engine has been completely replaced now. Nothing left of the original one.

19. r8response

r8response Member

Of course it was. I don't believe GPL ran on DX11 :D

20. Richo65

Richo65 Member

badluck on the start, the cows almost drove in that race. but milking time got in the way