iRacing

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by aXLe, Jun 26, 2008.

1. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

The M4 is fun. Drives very differently to the 718 which is understandable with the engine placement. Even the 718 is more fun now with its update.

2. summoner

summoner Member

Lots of people complaining that the Porsche cup car has ruined handling but I've enjoyed it in week 13..

Mostly though counting down for the OSR Dev series to kick off though for me as I actually plan to run the whole thing.

Got my B license last season but happy with the usual Skips/Supercars so might just have to do some TT's to roll over to A class for wank factor..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  3. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

Hey guys, I've updated https://www.irbg.net/with season 3 data, a little rundown:
    • My Tracks - the site is built off this data, with this we can advise what is the best value purchases that you dont already own.

• Compare Series - select 2 or more series to compare the tracks they run this season, in conjunction with the 'My Tracks' data it will show which tracks are duplicate and unowned ordered by highest run order.

• My Series - you can select the series you run and get a breakdown of the upcoming and completed races.

• Current/Next Week - every race that is running this/next week.

• All Series - a list of all series running this season on iRacing, from here you add the series to 'My Series' - drilling into the series info you can see what cars are used and the schedule for the season (and again add it to 'My Series').

• Tracks - a list of all tracks currently on iRacing inlcuding how many times it is ran this season over the service, drilling into the track info you can see every specific series it is used in.

• Cars - a list of all cars currently on iRacing, drilling into the car info you can see every series it is used in this season.

solid_snake and summoner like this.
  4. Caffeine Dealer

Caffeine Dealer Member

So my patience has paid off to find another SST Lightening shifter and wouldnt you know it, its the same unit i purchased from the USA 6 years ago and has since been though 2 more rigs since mine.
    I wasn't holding too much hope to find one anywhere in the world let alone my old one so that makes me happy :)

Picked up a G920 wheel adapter and shifter knob. Currently using an OBS flat bottom alcantara wheel.

Should finish my button box up over the next week and might even start on a sequential shifter but I should probably not bother and get a $15 sequential mod for the G920 shifter.

I didn't think I would enjoy this setup after my old setup full of Fanatech and Obutto gear but the wheel adapter and aftermarket wheel helps a lot.

I entered my fist race in nearly 6 years the other day and held my own. I'm just not sure how much I'll be online soon with a baby one the way.

Re: Trading paints.
    What happened to it? I've lost all my madcow paints and now I'm not sure I want to race at anymore :(

P.S. Hey, long time no see lol

5. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

What car? It's possible the model got a revamp (eg Skippy) so the old paints are no longer compatible.

6. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

Hey Caffs - don't see why Trading Paints should've deleted all your paints...

It'll be tough to find time with a baby coming but don't give up on it, hopefully you can make the time. I've got number 2 on the way!!!!

Edit: Anyone doing the 24hr this weekend? If so, what car etc?

7. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

GL to those in the 24. I got into a car down on top speed oh well only 10.5 hours to go

8. mojododo

mojododo Member

Good luck to your team.

Madcows with one car managed to get split 2 of the original session. We are way down on pace and last of the GTE runners but having a good time running.

summoner likes this.
  9. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

Had a car roll back on track and put us in the pits for 35 mins, was gutted but still managed to finish the race, we we're looking at a top 5 and ended p16. Our HPD team won their split at least

mojododo and summoner like this.
  10. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

David Perel (real GT race car driver) and avid Assetto Corsa Competizione user was just asked "Dave, how do you feel about these cars in relation to the GT4s in iRacing? Would you consider these more or less accurate in terms of driving feel and car performance?"
    His response was.. "More accurate".

Now..I will just got to the cupboard and put on my flame proof suit and await the retorts...lol

No seriously..just giving some perspective from someone who actually uses both sims and who actually races the real cars.

millen likes this.
  11. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

iRacing's cold tyres are woeful. Don't think you'll get any flack from that!

millen likes this.
  12. FoxMaN

FoxMaN Member

The GT3's in ACC are better too. The reason why people prefer iRacing is being able to get online races that aren't a complete shambles most of the time. Hell ACC still doesnt have competition servers for Oceania/Asia right? It's still just Europe and Americas

I will add the GT3's do feel better with the NTM but not to ACC level.

Sipheren likes this.
  13. Richo65

Richo65 Member

Not really very informative, what were his sighted cases for "more accurate" and are you agreeing with the information from what perspective, or just conduit to help us understand Iracing has faults? is ACCC without faults or do I need to go to ACCC thread to get the info? I dont generally see people talking about it in the Iracing thread.

14. mojododo

mojododo Member

iracing has the worst tyre "feel" coupled with the slowest usb device polling rate of all the latest sims out there. I have to agree with Richo above only in that his answer should have been expanded on after he answered with more accurate. It helps neither the userbase or developers of any sim when theres no explanations and reasons why pro's are choosing one over the other.

15. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Best let David explain it himself..after all he is the real race car driver...

James086 likes this.
  16. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

There's a cool story happening right now but I'm not sure where it is going

17. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Was just posting some information that I thought everyone would like...I take it that the forums are still open for "discussions" and "objectivity"?

18. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

Just pointing out that I really liked your story. Please continue telling it

mojododo likes this.
  19. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

It's alive!!!!!

millen and James086 like this.
  20. summoner

summoner Member

Did my first NEC race yesterday morning.. Solo'd the whole 4 hours and it was worth it.

Mates and I decided to not put in a qualifying time to make sure we were in the same split for our first outing and well.. the quality of driving was certainly questionable with folks crashing left right and centre on the rolling start.. frustratingly I got punted in the rear which I seemed to get away from unscathed only to have the engine blow up just as we got onto the old circuit.. Still was content to get from 42nd up to 24th by the end although i did finish the race on my roof as I moved over to give someone quicker than me (and a lap up) room to overtake.. clipped the grass which sent me sideways and they drilled me hard flipping me over..

Looking forward to doing next months race again.

millen likes this.