1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

iRig 2 HD / Virtual amp software

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by gtarmanrob, Jun 5, 2020.

1. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Looking to go down this road for bit of fun. My best mate got himself a great setup iRig 2 / blueboard / biasFX. Thing is he uses an ipad.

I wanna go this way too except I need windows 10 compatibility, will be using a Surface Pro 6. Have read that the iRig 2 HD is fine with correct drivers. Its the blueboard (wireless midi pedalboard) that has me, cant find anywhere that its compatiblw with wibdows 10, and most threads ive found are 1-2yrs+ old

Anyone got any more detailed info for me, or cost effective alternative? Looking for super portable and low cost so the iStomp from IK isnt really ideal at this stage

2. psylink

psylink Member

Did you end up getting anything dude? I’m working on putting together some bits and pieces now. Heading down the Reason (w/ Pod Farm & Amplitube) road so far.

My Variax guitar arrived last week so now I just need a Line 6 floor device of some kind (XT Live perhaps) which will operate like a blueboard (and have an expression pedal!)

Curious to hear what you ended up doing.

3. OP
    OP
    gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Nah mate still havent made any decisions, waiting to see if anything like the Blueboard, or the Blueboard itself, gets android/windows compatibility.

If im gonna buy an ipad just for this...i'll spend all that money on something else suitable to my setup haha

4. psylink

psylink Member

5. OP
    OP
    gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Wow sweet cheers will def be grabbing that