Iron Chef Christmas

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by mrs dan77, Nov 24, 2009.

1. mrs dan77

mrs dan77 Member

OCAU Iron Chef Rules and Discussion Thread

This month's theme is: CHRISTMAS

Time for another OCAU Iron Chef! Take note of the dates:

Open date: Friday 27th November 00.01am
    Close date: Sunday 3rd January 24:00 midnight

This gives you the whole month of December, and into the New Year to prepare and submit your entries.

RULES
    - Entries must be based around the theme, and can be festive food of whatever description you choose.
    - No entries accepted before or after opening and closing dates.
    - you MUST submit photographs of you preparing the dish as proof that you cooked it. At least four pictures, one of which has your OCAU username on it.
    - make sure that your post complies with the geek food guidelines.

JUDGING
    As per the previous iron chef, there will be two polls.

The entrants only poll is open only to people who have submitted entries to OCAU Iron Chef October. At the close of the competition, PM your votes (3 points for first place, 2 points for second place and 1 point for third place) to Ma Baker. You may not vote for yourself. As the Christmas iron Chef is a specail theme, it is a stand-alone competition. The winner here will not get the right to choose the theme for the next comp, but will get bragging rights until then!

The people's choice poll is open to everyone on OCAU to vote.

2. Mindy

Mindy Member

I assume that Iron Chef for this month is still on?

If so, are we allowed to enter our entire feast if we are the cooks of it? :D

3. Amfibius

Amfibius Member

Yeah I would imagine that would be OK Mindy :)

I will be cooking something up tomorrow so will be making a post soonish.

4. AussieHusky

AussieHusky Member

I'll be doing my Xmas party on the 19th.

5. OP
    OP
    mrs dan77

mrs dan77 Member

Gosh, with the outage it looks like I've overlooked an entry thread!

Coming up soon!

EDIT: Thread here.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  6. AussieHusky

AussieHusky Member

Woo, finished my big xmas lunch!

7. omghi

omghi Member

Can I enter something that wasn't cooked for Christmas but was cooked in the week of Christmas.

We have a huge family Christmas each year and this time I got in too late and all the exciting cooking tasks were taken. The host wouldn't even accept my home made ice cream so I'm stuck with 'biscuits' :(

8. AussieHusky

AussieHusky Member

The theme is christmas, so if you're making something christmas themed even if it isnt for christmas lunch I guess that would be appropriate?.

9. OP
    OP
    mrs dan77

mrs dan77 Member

Sure. Just loosely call them "festive biscuits" or something, lol!

Nah, seriously, it's festive food of whatever description you choose... and taking them to a festive party more than counts! :thumbup:

10. RETARD

RETARD New Member

im in for this one

lets hope beer doesnt get in the way of photos

11. OP
    OP
    mrs dan77

mrs dan77 Member

I realised too late I haven't been taking photos of the process of all of the things I've been making. Most notably was the Chrissy cakes.
    We'll see what I can come up with as far as the remaining food items I will be making go!

12. AussieHusky

AussieHusky Member

mines all done and photographed, but I've been in hospital since Christmas night and will be for the foreseeable future (Severe gall bladder infection and impaction) They're promised I would have my surgery today, but I'm not too hopeful

13. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

That's no good, sorry to hear you're not well. Hope they do your surgery soon so that you can start to recover.

14. Amfibius

Amfibius Member

Out of hospital yet, Aussiehusky?

Anyway, looks like mine's the only entry ... only 2hrs and 20 mins left for everyone else to post theirs up ... ! If there is no-one else, does that mean I am the Winnah??

15. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

I think you've got your dates mixed up, it's midnight on Sunday that it closes according to the first page.

16. Amfibius

Amfibius Member

Oh, sorry! Few days left then :Paranoid:

17. AussieHusky

AussieHusky Member

God that took forever to write up!. I escaped hospital on NYE but the antibiotics theyve had me on have made me so nauseus that it took me 3 days to eat anything, and I couldnt face the idea of all that food until today.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  18. Amfibius

Amfibius Member

Damn it Aussiehusky, I throw in the towel right now! I thought I might be in for a fighting chance given that you were in hospital and all that, but noooo you came out and blew us all out of the water! Looks like a spectacular feast, the meats look moist and inviting, and I would have loved to have gotten an invite.

Much better than that Xmas party I went to, which was all dips, carrots, celery, and veggies. Never accept an Xmas party invite by a vegetarian, is all I can say.

19. AussieHusky

AussieHusky Member

Hah!, Thanks ^.^ My friends seem to enjoy it, Though I have to admit, I was getting bitter at hour 5 in the kitchen when everyone else had arrived and I could hear their laughter from the pool as I was up to my elbows in a turkey :p

One of my mates throws amazing vegetarian dinners, but he's just buggered off to the UK :(

20. OP
    OP
    mrs dan77

mrs dan77 Member

I'm on my husband's work computer, as mine is currently broken. His is so slow, it took nearly 2 hours just to get everything together. So, my pics are in OCAU pics (good luck to anyone wanting to find them - I could find out the codes for each one and put here) but not in my entry post.

I didn't make the Olive Oil or the Roasted Broad Beans, but everything else in that basket I made!