Iron Chef: Pizza - Entry Thread

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by scon, Sep 2, 2008.

1. scon

scon Member

It's time to find out who's cusine reigns supreme!

Sorry I've taken a little longer to kick the competition into gear, we'll run the competition until Midnight of the 12th to compensate. Any pizzas cooked from the initial announcement till close will be valid. Remember, at least three photos with your username included.

No discussion in this thread, pizzas only! OCAU Iron Chef will be decided by a popular vote!

2. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I'll start. I made a meaty mcmeatmeat pizza. It was, meaty.
    Here's a pic of the ingredients:
    [​IMG]
    I used premade sauce and bases cause i'm lazy. Those bases were actually quite good. They were thin and went nice and crispy, yet not crunchy.
    List of ingredients:
    BBQ sauce (ignore the tomato one, I used that on the other pizza I made)
    Bazaar Pizza base
    Mushrooms thinly sliced
    Steak cut into strips
    Cabinossi
    Salami (mild)
    Bacon
    Onion
    Red Capsicum
    Light mozzarella cheese (tastes the same as normal to me)
    dried oregano (not in pic as I forgot to get it out at that time).
    Ignore the chicken, that was used on the other pizza.

I cooked the pizzas on pizza stones. These things are the best things ever. Preheated the oven to 200 degrees and put the stone in to heat it up.

I put the steak and onions into a frypan and cooked until the steak was about medium. While this was cooking, I diced the bacon and cut up the salami and cabinossi.
    After the steak and onion were cooked, I lightly cooked the bacon.
    Then I covered the base with the pizza BBQ sauce. I used alot of sauce. Sprinkled a bit of cheese on next to help hold the toppings on, then put all the toppings on, spreading them out as evenly as possible. Covered lightly with cheese (not too much, but enough to be cheesy). Then I sprinkled some dried oregano on top.
    Here's what it looked like before it went into the oven (now on the pizza stone)
    [​IMG]
    Cooked for 20 minutes and the end result was as below:
    [​IMG]

Tasted pretty good. Very meaty. I only added the capsicum to give a bit of colour. Mushrooms are pretty much vegetable version of meat anyway :D

I know I cut corners with the sauce and the bases, but I'm lazy and the pizza tasted good anyway :)
    Next time I might try marinading the steak first and using a little bit less meat (the pizza was very heavy and after eating 2 slices I was stuffed). I'd like to try making my own base next time too

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  3. RavenKittie

RavenKittie Member

Well I made my entry tonight, I didn't put my username on a piece of paper but the directory includes a picture of my cat which I've posted on these forums before :D

Mine is called a Siciliana, and I stole it from my favourite gourmet pizza place where I used to live. Obviously I made it completely half assed as I didn't even make my own dough or even use a pizza stone, but it was inspired by my fiery favourite!

[​IMG]

Ingredients are:

• Pre-Made Pizza Bases (I'm also lazy)
    • Mozarella Cheese
    • Black Kalamata Olives (with seeds)
    • Leggos Pizza Sauce
    • Chili Infused Olive Oil
    • Pepperoni
    • Tomato
    • Chili Flakes

I put on the tomato sauce which came in a packet, and then sprinkled chili flakes and oregano over the base. I then layered it with mozarella cheese, and some thinly sliced tomato, pepperoni and a scattering of olives.

This is what it looked like before the oven:

[​IMG]

And after I took it out of the oven I drizzled some chili olive oil and more chili and oregano flakes on top:

[​IMG]

And just for good measure here is a chunk of the stuff on a plate:

[​IMG]

So that's my entry! Apologies for the half assed attempt. The pizza was eaten and didn't taste so bad!

4. Davem

Davem Member

Tower of Pizza

[​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

Ingredients for Dough

[​IMG]

Dough In Mixing Ball

[​IMG]

Toppings

[​IMG]

- Cooked sausage + Onion.
    - Homemade Sauce

[​IMG]

Make A big pizza

[​IMG]

Place it in the cake tin and press it up against the sides.

[​IMG]

Lots of cheese

[​IMG]

Cover the cheese completely with meat

[​IMG]

Cover meat completely with cheese

[​IMG]

Cover cheese with more meat

[​IMG]

etc

[​IMG]

Going into the oven

[​IMG]

And out of the oven

[​IMG]

Here it is in all its glory before its cut and the sauce runs out (need to let it stand for 10 mins to prevent this.

However to the side of the photo there are 3 hungry people who have been waiting for 1 hour for this to cook. They are also holding the knife.

[​IMG]

Serve with chilli flakes and extra cheese on top :-D

5. sormuijai

sormuijai Member

Ok, so I grew up thinking ALL pizza must have a tomato sauce base, until pizza hut came out with a BBQ sauce base and that knocked my world upside down. THEN I found out that Italians can have pizza without ANY sauce at all! That freaked me out a bit. Then when I was in Italy and saw potato pizza with no sauce on the base. I had to try and it was delicious! So I wanted to do something along those lines for my entry, but a bit more than just potato. So what can make a potato pizza better? What can make ANYTHING better? Bacon.

(BTW, sorry about the poor picture quality, I completely forgot about the comp and had to comandeer my friend's kitchen!)

[​IMG]

Ingredients: Potato, Cheese, Bacon, Afghan bread*.

* I think its Afghan bread. I was walking through Auburn and saw these bags of bread on sale, at first I thought it was naan and bought a bag. Then I walked past some shop that sold something similar, and it was called Afghan bread?

[​IMG]

Before it goes in the oven. The potato was thinly sliced with a mandolin and gently tossed with a bit of garlic infused olive oil and garlic salt. A thin layer of cheese, then a thin layer of potatoes was put straight onto the afghan bread. Crack some pepper onto it.

The bacon was chopped and gently pan fried, scatter all over the potato. Cover with more cheese.

[​IMG]

Here's what it looks like coming out of the oven.

[​IMG]

Close up

[​IMG]

The pizza all cut up using the most professional pizza cutter I had. A Chinese cleaver ;)

[​IMG]

Ultra close up/cross section.

The pizza turned out bloody awesome. Because the potato was sliced so thinly, they cooked until they were nice and soft, but not so soft that it was mushy. And what can I say about the bacon and cheese? Nothing. It was perfect ;) This was gobbled up in 5mins...which resulted in burnted mouths all round :(

Surprisingly, the afghan bread was fantastic for pizza! I've tried many premade pizza bases before, they either go rock hard, soggy or doesn't cook properly. The afghan bread gave a really nice crispy crust, but was soft-ish and chewy under the topping, very similar to a proper italian pizza. I might need to go back and stock up on more of the bread.

6. doug81

doug81 Member

doug81's Dessert Pizza FTW!!!

I was going to do a leaning tower of pizza, but was going to take too damn long! And for the fan of Black Books, I considered a "luxury pizza", with lobster, truffles, caviar and saffron, but decided to save the $200 and make an awesome dessert pizza instead :thumbup: I've put all the pics as thumbnails except for the last one as otherwise it would have been too big. Here we go!!!

Ingredients

The pizza dough is friggin awesome, beats making it urself!

[​IMG]

Oven

Good old rental unit oven...

[​IMG]

Pizza Stone

Well worn from lots of use...

[​IMG]

Banana + Brown Sugar

You know whats coming...

[​IMG]

Caramellising

Looking good...

[​IMG]

Finished Banana's

They are delicious on their own, but they are about to get better

[​IMG]

Honey Mascarpone

About 4 parts mascarpone to one part honey, to be used as the base

[​IMG]

Dough

Had to roll this out on top of the dishwasher as we still aren't properly unpacked from the recent move, but I wiped it clean first!

[​IMG]

Assembled Pizza

Roll out a fist sized ball of dough, spread on honey mascarpone, and top with the caramellised banana's and marshmallows

[​IMG]

On the Stone

The stone has been in the oven that is on high (around about 400 farenheit according to the oven) so is very hot, sprinkle on a bit of plain flour and slide on the pizza

[​IMG]

In the Oven

Getting there...

[​IMG]

Almost finished

Turned out pretty well so far, just he finishing touch needed...

[​IMG]

Melted Chocolate

Because of all the other sugar in this, I used 85% dark chocolate to even it out a bit

[​IMG]

Drizzled Chocolate

doug81's got skillz!!! :lol:

[​IMG]

The Finished Entry

Really happy with how this turned out, and it tasted friggin awesome! The chocolate worked really well with the marshmallow and the banana's, and the base was crisp with a light fluffy centre :thumbup: Oh, and my fianceee said I had to write that she said "YUM!" :D

[​IMG]

doug81 for OCAU Iron Chef!!!

Edit: As an afterthought, I figured I should show you it in it's delicious-looking half-eaten form. Soooooo good!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  7. kukulkan

kukulkan Member

Beforehand...

The Renowned Mr Brown

This is a recipe from Smoke and Spice - a great American style BBQ book. This particular recipe is also available published on VirtualWeberBullet.com here

I won't bother going through the whole recipe, if you're interested it's all on the link above. The pork was slow smoked for about 10 hours on Sunday for Fathers Day. Leftovers are wonderful in sandwiches, and on pizza!

On the Day

Pizza Dough
    (Makes two)

2 cups Tipo 00 Flour, plus extra for dusting
    2 Tablespoons EVOO
    1 cup room tepid (30 degree) water
    2 teaspoons dried malt extract
    1-2 tablespoons active dry yeast
    pinch of sea salt

[​IMG]
    1. Sprinkle the yeast on top of the water, leave to stand for 5 minutes
      [​IMG]
    2. Combine dry ingredients in a mixer with a dough hook. Mix well for a few seconds
    3. Stir the yeast into the water to dissolve, then slowly pour into the dry ingredients while running mixer on slow
    4. Leave mixer running on slow for 5 minutes until dough is well beaten
      [​IMG]
    5. Remove, and knead for another 3 minutes on a lightly floured surface
    6. Split into two (you can freeze one for later)
      [​IMG]
    7. Coat a mixing bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil
    8. Place the dough ball into the bowl, and rest for 90 minutes covered with a tea towel

Pizza Sauce

Ingredients:
    8 ripe tomatoes
    fresh sea salt

1. Score the tomatos lightly with a knife. Place into boiling water for 10 seconds, strain quickly and plunge into ice water
    2. Peel the tomatoes, discarding the skins. Cut into eighths.
    3. Place a fine colander into a bowl (or over a pressure cooker), sprinkle the tomatoes lightly with sea salt and leave for 30 minutes
      [​IMG]
    4. Combine the tomatoes and juices from the bowl in a pressure cooker. Cook for 12 minutes at pressure.
    5. Leave pressure cooker to cool well for half an hour. Open and check contents. If necessary, reduce for 5-10 minutes on low heat. You want a nice thick sauce

Toppings

1 finely sliced red onion
    1 teaspoon EVOO
    1 teaspoon unsalted butter
    1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    1 red capsicum, quartered, seeds, stalk and membrane removed

1. Heat a pan on low-medium heat for 5 minutes, add the oil and butter
    2. Fry the onions until lightly browned
    3. Add the brown sugar and stir for another 30 seconds
    4. Add the balsamic vinegar, stirring constantly to deglaze the pan
    5. Keep cooking for another 30 seconds until there is no moisture visible in the pan. Set aside for later
    6. Heat a grill on high
    7. Grill red capsicum quarters skin side up until blackened
    8. Leave to cool, then peel and slice

Now make the pizza...

Smoked Pork, Caramelised Onion and Roasted Pepper Pizza

pizza dough ball
    3 tablespoons tomato sauce
    mozzarella slices
    smoked pork
    caramelised onions
    red peppers
    EVOO, Salt and Pepper for serving

[​IMG]

1. Preheat oven and pizza stone to 250 C for half an hour
    2. Lightly dust a surface and roll the pizza dough out to half of size required.
    3. Place foil on surface, lightly flour all over and transfer dough (omit if using a peel)
    4. Roll dough out to full size of stone, use a plate or similar to check size
    5. Assemble Toppings
      [​IMG]
    6. Gently transfer to oven using foil (or a peel)
    7. Cook until ready!
    8. Drizzle with EVOO, season lightly with salt and pepper

The result...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  8. PostModern

PostModern Angry Brewer

PoMo's Snowy River Smoked Trout, Capsicum, Mushroom, Olive and Caper Wood Fired Pizza with Three Kinds of Cheese

I cooked my pizza while on a ski trip at Old Adaminaby. There was a limit to the supplies from Adaminaby 5Star Supermarket, but I did what I could.
    The dough was made from some bakers' flour brought from home, some olive oil, salt and a bottle conditioned English Pale Ale from my home brewery.

[​IMG]

Here are the ingredients being mixed. One splash of beer for the dough, one for the cook, one for the dough, two for the cook, etc:

[​IMG]

I hope this doesn't disqualify me, but I got some kneading assistance from my 9 year old pizza chef apprentice. Here he is working some air into the dough for the beer's yeast to get into.

[​IMG]

Cooking tomatoes were not to be had in Adaminaby, so I settled for some "Fabulous" bottled products...

[​IMG]

...and gave them good hour to simmer. The dough bowl was placed next to the heat to give the yeast some warmth to help it rise.

[​IMG]

Nothing beats local produce when cooking away. The locally smoked trout was bought from the Adaminaby pub. I decided not to use eggplant on this already busy pizza. It went onto another pizza. All up, I cooked six that evening.

[​IMG]

Here's PoMo the fat hippy tending the pizza oven fire. (EDIT: crap, seeing this pic reminds me that I forgot to put the bucket back on top of the chimney once it cooled to stop rain getting in! Lucky there's a drought.)

[​IMG]

As the oven approached cooking temp, I rolled out the dough with a 1959 vintage beer bottle. For a house with a pizza oven to lack a rolling pin was amazing, but this fitted the beer dough theme even better, I think.

[​IMG]

And put the toppings on. On top of this, I used three types of cheese, mozarella, a mature cheddar and some parmesan.

[​IMG]

And into the oven it goes.

[​IMG]

This is what it came out like. I would have liked some more moisture in the dough, but it turned out pleasantly crispy.

[​IMG]

And here it it plated up and served with a nice Cowra region Cab Merlot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  9. Zzapped

Zzapped Member

Step 1: Vital Ingredients

A shameless plug for one of our sponsors :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 2: Making the Dough

Mix 2 cups of self raising flour, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of salt oin a bowl and slowly add water until you get a nice firm dough and then leave for 30 mins to expand. Then roll it out to just larger than your pizza tray to allow you to roll over the edge for a nice crust, then its important to stab the base several times with a fork, this gives you a nice crusty base when cooked
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 3: Building the Pizza

For the base sauce I used 2 tablespoons of Texas Killer BBQ, two table spoons of tomato and a teaspoon of garlic, spread arouns evenly
    [​IMG]

Then start adding your ingredients, I used diced bacon, capsicum, hot salami, mushrooms, olives and pineapple.........sprinkle some mozzarella on top and into the oven
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Make sure you have the oven preheated to about 170 deg before you put the pizza in and leave it for about 15 mins then take it off the pizza tray and onto the oven tray for another 5 mins or so to crunch up the base

The Finished Product:

[​IMG]

Bon appetite :)

Cheers

Z

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  10. csimpson

csimpson Member

I utterly forgot to take any pictures with my username in them, but here's one of the pizzas that I made nonetheless :p

[​IMG]

'Aussie' style, homemade base.

11. mrs dan77

mrs dan77 Member

scalloped potato galette pizza

they say necessity is the mother of invention. i don't know if it's been done before at some point or other, but i am submitting my entry of a potato galette pizza. the potato galette makes up the base of the pizza. reason: my husband is irish, and refuses to eat a meal without potatoes. out of desperation one day (and an earnest desire to not eat chips AGAIN) i came up with the idea to use thinly sliced potato rounds, as in a potato galette. the starch from the potato holds it all together when it's cooked, and goes all crispy on the outside, moist and soft in the middle!

this is my version of "scalloped" potatoes or, as my husband said - fish and chips!!! please note that my ingredients list was premature. i forgot to add the lemon/sugar (hence extra photo) and decided not to put the asparagus in. just pretend it's not there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

potato galette:
    thinly slice potatoes and arrange in a circle, making sure they overlap. sprinkle on some EVOO, and salt. roast in moderate oven until golden and crispy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to make sauce:
    finely chop garlic and chili. Fry lightly in EVOO, add a splash of red wine and then the juice from the tomato can. crush tomatoes and add them. season to taste. add lemon juice and sugar to taste. reduce until it's the right consistency.

[​IMG]

to assemble:
    top potato galette with sauce. add mozzarella cheese. top with pan fried diced bacon. arrange scallops on pizza. top with sliced spring onion and chili. cook in moderate oven until cheese is melted.
    top with shaved parmesan and basil leaves.
    cook for a further 5 mins, until parmesan melts.
    serve with a nice glass of 04 barossa shiraz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

Die_Piggy's Nacho Pizza!

you need:

Puff Pastry - Base
    Dorito's Salsa Dip (I use Mild)
    Original Doritos
    Mozzarella
    Mince Meat
    Chopped Tomato's
    An Avocado
    Sour Cream
    • Pre-heat oven to 230 degree's
    • Brown the mince in a pan over medium heat
      [​IMG]
    • Get a sheet of defrosted puff pastry, cut it into a circle, and place it in a pan. If its too small, add more to the sides like so: [​IMG]
    • Spread salsa over puff base
    • Cover with a thick layer of Doritos Corn chips
    • Cover chips with Cheese
    • Cover again with diced Tomato, Avocado and cooked mince
      [​IMG]
    • Place in oven for around 15 minutes
    • Take out, place a dollop of Sour Cream in the center and Serve.
      [​IMG]

The Pics don't really do it justice, unfortunately I didn't have a whole lot of time to get the pizza made.

Thanks for excepting my entry :D

13. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Leftover Roast Lamb and Potato Pizza!

Gah! I just discovered this comp at 11:24pm on the night it closes, lol. :) But I took photos of a pizza I made recently and have half a recipe written up so gah, quick typing time!

This entry will take us back to the original purpose of the Geek Food forum - "yummy, quick, and easy to make!" Basically, I'm showing that making a pizza is an awesome way to use up leftovers. If this isn't news to you, feel free to go find another thread. :)

Ok, so the first thing about pizza is the base. You can make these if you're some kind of italian superchef but I buy them frozen in a 3-pack for about $5. You can put the toppings on while the base is still frozen, it'll thaw out enough to be ready to cook by the time you've gotten it all together. Might want to start warming the oven up too. 160, 180, 200, whatever.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I don't know what you like on your pizza and that's not really the point anyway. Basically, any kind of leftovers can be used. A favourite of mine is to get a whole roast chicken one night, eat what I can, and then the next night, rip all the remaining meat off the chicken and use it for a really awesomely flavoured BBQ chicken pizza. But anyway.

Today we have leftover roast lamb from last night. So we'll work with that. A bit of BBQ sauce for sweetness and some of that minty herby stuff in a tube spread on the base. Mint coz it's awesome with lamb:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And now the lamb. This was a boned shoulder of lamb I got from the butcher, rubbed with rosemary, black pepper, garlic and mint, marinaded overnight then roasted with some vegies. It was awesome, but we have the knobbly end bits of the roast left over. Roast meat always tastes better the second day. I don't understand why, but Martin does.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So, we could thinly slice the lamb and carefully layer it on the pizza base, but firstly that takes too long and secondly, these knobbly bits have got strips of fat and a herby burnt crust etc. So we want to blend it all up and make it more consistent across the pizza. Blender time!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It was looking a little dry so I put some mint sauce into the blender with it too. Anyway, you're not making pate, so don't totally blend the fuggery out of it. Just do it in bursts until you get a nice consistentish "shredded" look. You still want the texture of the lamb but you want all the little fatty and crunchy bits to get broken up into a nice pizza-topping consistency.

But first of course, cheese. Now you CAN get some really cool pre-grated pizza cheese called perfect italiano or something, which has cheddar, mozarella and parmesan all ready to go. But we're using leftovers today and all I have in the fridge is this cheapass shredded cheddar. Oh well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lamb onto the pizza

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, nobody would think any less of you if you chucked some more cheese on, whacked it into the oven and gorged yourself on it right now. In fact, the smell of the shredded roast lamb is making me drool all down the front of my hilarious breast-themed apron. But we're on a mission to use up leftovers here. So what else is in the fridge?

Ooh, a little tub of "kepfler potato and bacon salad" from the supermarket. Only half left and I got it for $1 thanks to the discount stickers so it's probably going to be chucked if I don't use it today. Right, chop 'em up a bit smaller then whack them onto the pizza as well. Just the taters, not the bacony bits. Oh allright the bacony bits too nom nom nom.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What else? Mushrooms! Looking a bit secondhand. Need using. Chop 'em up, whack 'em on.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Snow peas! Only 5 left in the fridge. They'll do. Eat yer greens. Also found a tomato and more cheese.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Enough! Whack it into the oven. 160, 180, 200, it doesn't really matter. Turn it occasionally. When the base is nice and brown all round, it's done. If I had nicer cheese then it would be more nicely brown and gooey and stuff. But for leftovers it turned out pretty well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This pizza tastes ___________ awesome. Unfortunately so far mankind has not yet invented a word to describe just how awesome this pizza tasted. When they do, I'll come back and edit that line appropriately. But yes, the lamb around the edges has gone all crispy, but in the middle it's still soft, so flavoursome and minty, with the creaminess of the potatoes and the mushrooms and a surprising crunch of snow peas. Gnnnarrghhmm.

[​IMG]

Ohgodohgodohgod I just read the rules that says 3 photos with my name in it. Uhm. I made this pizza a week or so ago, so feel free to disqualify me. But I can take a photo of my name with some of the stuff used to show I still own it. :)

[​IMG]

edit: gah, wrong knife! oh well. chopping board, blender and hideous countertop should suffice. or if I get disqualified I'll just make a separate recipe thread as planned. :)

14. OP
    OP
    scon

scon Member

Ok! Entries are closed! I'll get a poll happening sometime today so we can find out who wins!

Pls PM leftovers. Thanks.

15. username_taken

username_taken Member

Pate de Campagne meatball, Bacon and Pastrami Pizza with Garlic Pizza Fritta

I wanted to enter this comp, but unfortunately had way too much on with work and other real life stuff, finally got the chance a few days too late to cook my entry. I'm posting it in the thread, but fully realize that I'm not eligible for the comp.

I decided to base the Pizza around some left over Terrine filling. While taking it out of the freezer I also found some home made bacon and home made Pastrami. Excellent I thought, this will make a kick-ass pizza.

I've also wanted to try making a Pizza Fritta for a while, Pizza Fritta is a small base that's shallow fried in oil, topped and then grilled briefly under high heat. So I decided to make a garlic and Parmesan one as a side dish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first step was to infuse some olive oil with garlic and basil. Crushed two cloves of garlic with the side of my knife and then chopped it roughly, did the same with some basil and poured a good glug of oil over the top.

I also made some pickled garlic and onion by chopping some of both, adding some torn basil and covered with white wine vinegar and the juice of half a lemon.

[​IMG]

Onto the Base I mixed 300ml tepid water with some sugar, 2 tsp yeast and a glug of sherry. got out the kitchenaid with the dough hook and mixed this with 500g bread flour, and a dash of the infused olive oil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a few minutes of kneading I formed the dough into a sphere and floured it.

[​IMG]

I then preheated the oven to 70 C and then turned it off, waited 5 minutes and put the dough in to rise in the nice warm oven.

Next up I sauteed the meatballs in a pan with a glug of the infused olive oil.

[​IMG]

I put the meatballs aside, and used the nice oily flavoured pan to start my pizza sauce. Some garlic and chopped onion went into the pan.

[​IMG]

Followed by some finely chopped red capsicum.

[​IMG]

A glug of Marsala and a tin of tomatoes

[​IMG]

I left it to simmer and thicken up.

[​IMG]

Next up I checked on the dough and it had risen beautifully.

[​IMG]

I rolled it out into a big circle and sprinkled the top with Polenta ( the top will become the bottom when put on the pizza stone ).

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I'd preheated the oven to it's highest temp with a pizza stone inside it. When it was at heat I pulled out the stone and slid the pizza base on top. I then spread a good covering of the Pizza Sauce over the top.

[​IMG]

I topped the pizza by sprinkling over some of the pickles, Meatballs, bacon and Pastrami along with some freshly torn up mozzarella and grated parmesan. I then baked the pizza until cheese started to turn golden, and it was ready!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the Fritta, I heated some olive oil in a pan, and through the fritta base in, cooked it for about 30 seconds either side. Was really interesting to watch it cook this way, you could actually see it rise and bubble as the yeast went into overdrive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spread some sauce on it, followed by some chopped garlic, parmesan and a few basil leaves.

[​IMG]

Put under a hot grill, and finished!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008