1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Photographer - June Discussion

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by White Rhino, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

You won't see the dust when you are using an open aperture ( F4, F8 ), but as you close it up to F16, F22 any sensor dust becomes quite noticeable.

I used to think my sensor was pretty clean also till I did a real test and was horrified by the result.

2. ~Craigus~

~Craigus~ Member

Same here... I only noticed it when using my telle lens at first. Then I shot the sky test and almost had a heart attack! IMO the Copper Hill DSLR Sensor Kit is the best option by far.

Cheers.

3. koma_white

koma_white Member

Well just submitted my first entry in almost 12 months. Hoping to ease myself back into the world of OCAU:IP but decided to start with something simple. There's another 4 images from that series that i shot last night. I've actually taken a liking to one of the other images, but i feel it doesnt quite address the 'Sky High' theme as well.

I finished my work and decided i couldnt sleep, so i grabbed the camera and tripod and went for a walk. Crazy things happen around Melbourne at ~2am. There were a couple of weirdo's playing big canvas drums in the park until the cops rocked up!

4. thommo101

thommo101 Member

Nice shot Koma... has a somewhat surreal feel to it!

5. Raytracer

Raytracer Member

Put my entry in for this month, very happy with it :)

in case anyone doesn't know, it's the channel 10 ferris wheel at wayville showgrounds, during exam week.

6. lazerin

lazerin Member

Woah, those clouds in admajic's entry are awesome :eek:

7. koma_white

koma_white Member

Just wondering what sort of post processing has been used with that shot. There's a few things i can't quite make out due to the resolution.

8. koma_white

koma_white Member

HPTECH - nice photo... but isnt there something stating you can't use night shots of the Eiffel Tower? There's a blurb when your submitting photo's for DeviantArt thats what reminded me...

9. CeeJay

CeeJay Member

Yes the SNTE that maintains the Eiffel Tower seems to think that their lighting of the tower is a work of art and have copyrighted it.

They did this to prevent commercial use of images taken of the tower in ways they don't approve of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_Tower#Image_copyright

IMO the SNTE are nuts - How can anyone copyright a public building ?
    Indeed in Denmark where I live , the law clearly states that they can't be copyrighted.

The SNTE believes otherwise though.
    I find it hard to take it serious though .. even wikipedia.org has nightshots of the tower.

10. bscampbell

bscampbell Member

"Ya Flaimin Galah".
    Might want to change that to Flamin'. :thumbup:

11. aloysius

aloysius Member

:Paranoid: Shhhhh! ;)

12. vegeta529

vegeta529 Member

Hey guys i need your help choosing which photo I should use. Hopefully this isnt highly illeagal, and Im not gonna get hunted down and banished to Cuba... but who knows.

I dont think this really needs explanation... She sure was high (Up the tree of course). It was taken last week here in Milan.
    [​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

[​IMG]

How could anyone who wasnt "Sky High" think of something like this!?! (This was from Verona, I was there the first week of June)
    [​IMG]

Thanks Guys,
    Jayden.

13. HPTECH

HPTECH Member

Really.. There is a copyright on night shots.. I find that hard to believe but i wouldnt put it past anyone.

I would have thought that taking a picture of any building etc couldnt be copyrighted else they would have to have a HUGE sign/s everywhere to say that No photos can be taken at night..

Anyhow. My picture, I was there, I took it, Im not selling anything with it, Just showing people its beauty. :)

14. r00b0y

r00b0y Member

Copyright & photography laws in France are completely different to here, and AFAIK all shots of the Eiffel Tower at night are owned by the French government. You have to buy a license to sell shots of it.

I'm all for you entering the shot in the comp though, it's a fantastic shot and unless the French secret police come and kick Agg's arse Rainbow Warrior style I don't see the problem :)

I put my entry in just now, I entered the same shot (but processed better :p) in DPChallenge as my first entry there and did pretty well. I'd had a far more lateral interpretation of the theme in mind, but like so many grand schemes, it fell apart :)

15. apeofjungle

apeofjungle Member

Is this contest being closed?

16. CeeJay

CeeJay Member

well it should be , but noone seems to have done it yet.

17. Squeezer

Squeezer Member