1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Photographer - November 2019 : Natural Framing

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Deftone2k, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

The theme for the November 2019 for the Iron Photographer Competition is : Natural Framing

This was picked by the August 2019 Iron Photographer, JohnnyWazza

The theme is open to interpretation by YOU (the photographer). So get out there and start shooting!

Londrangar
    [​IMG]

Any photo taken between the 1st of November 2019 and 11:59pm on the 30th of November 2019 is allowed to be entered.

So get you gear out, dust it off, take your most creative shot and share in the IP comp! ....

* No entries posted later than 30th of November 2019 at 11:59pm AEST will be accepted.
    * Please post entries directly into this thread.

To help the poll thread creation .... Please embed them in this thread using IMG tags.

Image title
    [​IMG] [./IMG]

Image title to be shortish as this will be poll option name for your entry

It's best to use a free hosting service like Flickr or Imgur for hosting and posting in here. Just make sure the shared image size is small (it can link to bigger) and meets the 1024px on the longest edge for entry (flickr has this ability).

The winner of the competition will receive a free print which has kindly been offered by theicemagic! The print will be A3+ stock size (13 x 19 inches) and printed on Ilford Gold Fibre Gloss paper.

Steve (theicemagic) runs
    https://www.vernissage.com.au/ which is an Art House based in Prahran in Melbourne. It specializes in supporting great artists and talents and connecting them with people who would love their work.

We are very grateful for Steve and his amazing gesture in supporting the competition each month.

The rest of the rules:
    * Entries must be taken between 1st of November 2019 and 11:59pm on the 30th of November 2019 to be valid.
    * The winner will be decided by the voting thread which is open to any forum member who would like to participate in picking the Iron Photographer of the month.
    * The judges' decision is final.
    * Each member is allowed to submit TWO photos for consideration. You may change your submitted photos at any time up to the close date/time of the competition. Just edit your post in this entry thread (do not submit a new post each time).
    * All entries must be no more than 1024 pixels on the longest edge. This includes any borders you choose to add to the image.
    * Only moderate photo editing/photo shopping is allowed. Regular available adjustments in programs like Lightroom & Capture One are allowed. Heavy image manipulation or adjustment (unless the theme for the month) may not be accepted as an entry.
    * The entry thread will be closed at the specified time. No additional entries will be accepted after this time, except under special circumstances.
    * Photographs posted that contain nudity will be allowed according to the forum ground rules.
    * Entries breaking these rules will be disqualified.
    * Comments can be made in this thread (but if you want to discuss further, post in the
    Iron Photographer Discussion Thread here)

Happy Shooting!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    herzeg likes this.
  2. Frozen_Hell

Frozen_Hell Member

Lets kick things off:

[​IMG]
    Looking through the window - The Horn, Mount Buffalo (02/11/2019)

4 minute exposure, had to stack both 10 and 6 stop NDs to get the exposure length to make the clouds a bit streaky.

3. Frozen_Hell

Frozen_Hell Member

C'mon, someone must have something they can post - I don't exactly want to Steven Bradbury this in...

JohnnyWazza, herzeg and Deftone2k like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

Ahh should just go back to 'Open' entries haha ... I know people were pushing for themes but this always happens :(

And I would just be submitting wedding photos which is.. you know :)

5. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

Sorry guys, just been so busy... But I suppose my lightning photo could work...

[​IMG]Lightning-3198 by Die Piggy, on Flickr

I'll fix the link when I'm at a pc

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    NymPhD likes this.
  6. JohnnyWazza

JohnnyWazza Iron Photographer

Maybe also removal of the month limitation could be a help too. I know the idea is to get people out and shooting, but I'm certain there'd be more than a couple of entries if people could submit from any time this year.

I did force myself to run out last night to shoot off a couple, but it'll make for some weak competition in comparison :lol:

edit: and to at least give a hint of competition...

[​IMG]Meal Time

[​IMG]Light the Cauldrons

7. herzeg

herzeg Iron Photographer

Tough doing indeed; I put my Merrill to the peril in just one outing this month... :tired:

Provia View

[​IMG]

NymPhD likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

Will get the voting thread up over the weekend.

Sorry for the delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.