1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Is 5G even possible in Australia?

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by blondie_hunter, Aug 19, 2019.

1. elvis

elvis OCAU's most famous and arrogant know-it-all

So, in summary, Huawei 5G is "China is evil", all other tech (including mountains of other stuff Huawei make) is "China is fine, don't worry".

Again, colour me cynical that a single technology we're struggling to roll out economically is of national security concern when everything else gets the green light, from the critical to the banal (and occasional anal).

heller44 and JSmithDTV like this.
  2. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Watch out... 5G is dangerous! But you can get a USB stick that will protect you from all the nasties... :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52848913
    I wonder if they also make a USB that prevents 5G related Covid-19?

JSmith

clonex likes this.
  3. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Friend works at another Telco and was telling me about a customer complaint, who said that since they got the 5G Home service, they have been getting huge headaches.

4. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Must be sensitive to RF and EMF in general... might need some products from here;

https://www.emrss.com/

JSmith

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Only one? Surprised, thought it would have been quite a few more than that. Not that I believe 5G is a problem, just because there are always people out there that believe there are issues with this new tech.

6. caspian

caspian Member

psychosomatic illness is quite real, even though the perceived affliction is not.

https://idle.slashdot.org/story/10/01/15/1516245/tower-switch-off-embarrasses-electrosensitives

I still giggle at the memory a few years back of some old codger foaming at the mouth over the subject of smart meters. when he finally drew breath, the talkback radio host asked: "excuse me sir, are you calling on a mobile phone?"

old codger: "yes, why?"

can't recall much after that, I was laughing too hard.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    m3k likes this.
  7. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

the reason he mentioned it was because they sent out tech after tech to check the device/s. I'm sure there would be quite a few people that think 5G cause covid and all that, but i'm sure they wouldn't be getting a 5G service

8. alexc

alexc Member

My Doctor has prescribed me a Broad Spectrum Placebo for all my Psychosomatic issues, and it's working great!

fredhoon and m3k like this.
  9. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Im not a fan of instantly dismissing things because there is no evidence and I dont see why there cant be sensitives (after all rangers are more sensitive to nanometer waves) but current 5G implementations in Australia, Europe and Asia are still using frequencies that have been in use since WW2 for radars and then later on weather radar, high band 4G, 5GHz wifi, microwave backhauls etc

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  10. caspian

caspian Member

plot twist: you're in the control group, so although you think you're getting the placebo, you're actually getting the real thing so they can test if the side effects are real.