Is a Bose Soundlink Revolve II repairable?

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by bobbly_bob, Oct 10, 2021.

1. bobbly_bob

bobbly_bob Member

One of our children tripped over the lead for this while it was charging

There's no external damage, but it now won't charge and the AUX port doesn't work.

I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, but I was wondering it anyone has experience with these?

Is it even worth me attempting this? I can see looking at the bose website that with the new generation being released these have come down a lot in price

2. _zak

_zak Member

I'm guessing that it's a standard 3.5 mm input, along with (most likely) a surface-mount micro USB port for charging. These are definitely repairable, but most micro-USB sockets have very fine pin pitch (0.5 mm), so can be rough with a regular iron - make sure you've got lots of flux available :) The 3.5 mm socket will be easier to solder, though finding one with a matching footprint might take a bit of searching.

I suppose one way to think about it is that if your other option is chucking it and buying a new one, you may as well take it apart first, right?

3. goldpenis

goldpenis Member

Agreed - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Give it a crack and let us know how it goes! You can also check the internet for assistance - there is SOOO much information, guides and how to videos now days; you don't have to be an expert, just willing to invest some time to research and play.