Is an iPhone XR a good upgrade over a 7 Plus

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by Tazor, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Tazor

Tazor Member

So my missus dropped her phone earlier in the year and shatter the screen and bent the casing a bit. We got the screen repaired, but because of the case damage the glass is starting to separate from the phone and it's only going to last so long.

Basically I want to get her a new phone for Christmas, but iPhones have increased in price significantly since we got hers 2 years ago, so I was wondering if people think the iPhone XR is a good upgrade over an iPhone 7 Plus.

If not, what other options do I have? She only uses iOS so it needs to be an iPhone.

Cheers,

Tazor

2. sanjay

sanjay Member

i picked up a second hand iPhone X 256gb from the forums a couple of weeks ago to upgrade my girlfriend's 6S Plus. To me, that is the hands-down only decent option for a modern upgrade that stays within the iOS ecosystem. A somewhat distant second would be an iPhone 8 Plus.

3. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

I thought the same, however availability through Telstra is limited and also more expensive. I simply cannot afford over $100 per month and the iPhone X is only available for less than $100 with a 20Gb plan which is not enough for the amount of data she uses :/ I appreciate the input though!

4. sanjay

sanjay Member

only cost me $800. that's 8 months worth of an overpriced plan. i seem to come across a lot of people on the forums who cant afford a phone outright. not to slight you or them but it really makes me wonder how little savings people must have, and yet still want flagship phones!