1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Isometric (or other) RPG Recommendations?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Deus_Ex_Machina, May 15, 2020.

1. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Oh man if you like cyberpunk and old school just pick up all the Shadowrun RPGs. Do eeeeet
    Shadowrun Returns is middling but Dragonfall and Hong Kong are epic, they all use the same engine so they're basically the same game (but Dragonfall/HK add heaps of features and are way larger settings/plots etc)

Also Wasteland 2.

If you are as big an old school RPG fan as you say, then Wasteland 2 and Pathfinder Kingmaker should be at the TOP of your list. The former is basically the OG fallout games, the latter is basically the OG baldur's gate games.

2. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

+1 for the Shadowruns.

Also, worth a look, Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire. Terrific baldurs gate style game with a pirate/nautical theme, using a DnD ruleset of some kind.

3. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Check out Grim Dawn for an ARPG. A lot meatier than D3 in regards to story/lore/quests etc, without the overall complexity of PoE. All set in a cool, gothy, steampunk world.

Deus_Ex_Machina likes this.
  4. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

These are 75% off on steam at the moment for anybody interested. Haven't really dabbled in this kind of game before but they look good and are only a few bucks so I picked them up. Side note, flawless 21:9 support out of the box :)

5. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Shadowrun Dragonfall DC is 75% so might grab that. I see it's a standalone version of the expansion. Does one need to/is it worth playing Shadowrun Returns first? I'm a bit anal in this way lol.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  6. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

I wouldn't say so, but you'll be 100% at home with the ruleset, GUI, setting etc. if yo u do. There is zero story linkage other than being in the same game universe.

7. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Sweet. $5 on Steam, Grim dawn is <$10 on humble bundle. Searching GMG aswell. Lookout, budget spending spree coming up on much of the above lol.

8. RnR

RnR Member

If you don't mind a bit of dungeon crawling try Torchlight I & II - from some of the devs/designers behind D1 and D2. Prices are a little high on steam atm, but put them on your wishlist.