1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue with D-Link DI-524 and Torrents (Help)

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Print Scrn 12, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Print Scrn 12

Print Scrn 12 Member

Hey guys,
    I am having trouble setting up BitComet to work with the D-Link DI-524. I have a wireless broadband connection at home using the ISP internode. Connecting my computer straight to the modem and using BitComet is fine. However when connecting the modem the Dlink and using wireless access from the laptop to the dlink BitComet barely works. It's download speed is constantly at 0 and it's upload rarely at 1kb/s.
    I have tried the advice at port forward to no avail. Can anyone help?

[​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

[​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

2. Falls

Falls Member

Im not sure if thisw is valid for bitcomet,

Make sure UPnP is enabled on your DI-524.

F.

Edit: Your really shouldn't have to setup a virtual server either. Disable Virtual server make sure UPnP is enabled.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  3. nux

nux Member

Virtual Server is just D-Links crazy way of calling Port Forwarding
    If BitComet doesnt use UPnP then he'll need to port forward.

Do you have any software firewall disabled like the Windows firewall or Norton?

4. OP
    OP
    Print Scrn 12

Print Scrn 12 Member

UPnp is already enabled and I've tried it with both the virtual server on and off. Either there is no change.

Only windows firewall and that is now turned off and that fixed it. Didn't expect that. If it the firewall was blocking then BitComet shouldn't work whether or not I connected directly to the modem or via the dlink. Thanks alot for your help.

5. crazyelf

crazyelf Member

you may need to bridge your modem to the d-link 524, setup the PPPoE logins and passwords in the router and then try that BitComet thing. I had the similar problem with my netcomm nb5 and the d-link where it would block random websites and would disallow uploads, and after i bridged the device everything worked AOK.

6. OP
    OP
    Print Scrn 12

Print Scrn 12 Member

What do you mean by bridge.

7. nux

nux Member

What ADSL modem are you using? Most are routers too, so you'd need to port forward from it to your D-Link router.