[WIN7] itsnotcheating

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by TaroT, Oct 22, 2009.

1. death

death Member

I have a friend who is a student so I could get this deal however I am not a student so is there anything in the EULA that states you must be a student to use this software?
    Or is this a legal loophole?

2. fnp

fnp Member

I'm annoyed that I bought my Office 2007 about a week before the free upgrade to 2010 came out. What are the chances my key will be eligible for Office 2010?

3. Gierke

Gierke Member

Chances: Quite High

4. Dorz

Dorz Member

on that page in the link above, it says ONE perpetual license. for the maximum of 3 items, those 3 items are office 2010, language pack, and win7.

confusing hey.. it does not clearly state anything in the terms and conditions, and the EULA for office 2010 is not on the website yet.

5. original_muse

original_muse Member

Has anyone purchased and downloaded Office 2010 yet? What files are provided? Presumably a single exe like with 2007. Also, is the 32-bit and 64-bit key interchangeable?

It is only $24 but it is a little bit annoying that the price has risen, especially given that I have been watching itsnotcheating.com.au waiting for the release of Office 2010. Right up until the change over to Office 2010, Office 2007 was retailing for $75 with a free upgrade to 2010. But as I already own the 2007 edition it seemed a bit redundant to buy the old version and then have to upgrade it.

6. g12345567

g12345567 Member

I was wondering the same thing. If you buy the Office 2010 from INC does it come with 32-bit & 64-bit? Or is it separate like Win7 where you have to choose what version you want at time of purchase? If so are the keys interchangeable like win7? IE full retail keys?

7. millsy

millsy Member

Yeah i'm with you on this one, what's the point of upping the price? I'll still likely get it as i've been waiting too (been using the 2010 beta all year) but this is kind of annoying :thumbdn:

8. psychedelic

psychedelic Member

Just bought the 2010 Office, you don't get an option to download either 32-bit or 64-bit.. You only get 32-bit download

Though I read some american forums where someone was saying you cna download the 'trial' office professional 2010 64-bit version and use the 'its not cheating' key on it, and it works fine. Haven't tried this though

9. original_muse

original_muse Member

Thanks for the reply psychedelic! Interesting regarding the downloading of the trial version and using the key there. It makes a certain amount of sense given I think that you can install any version Office and it will be a trial installation until you enter the key. I might give that a try once I'm on holidays.

10. minireza

minireza Member

I have read through the thread and can't seem to find my answer i'm after...

Just bought the 64-bit Windows 7 and the product key won't activate because it claim's that I can't do this as a clean install? is there anyway around this because I want to leave my vista on my other hardrive.

cheers.

11. SilverSilence

SilverSilence Member

Boot from the disk and while going through setup choose the option of fresh install.

12. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

I don't think it can be discussed here directly but yes you can do it.

Tips:

* Mydigitallife

* Win7

* clean

Hope you don't use bing. :lol:

13. Ice_Warrior

Ice_Warrior Member

The trick is that you install it the first time without putting in the key, so you'll be on the 30 days "trial". Then just install from the disk a 2nd time, and this time enter the key during the start of the installation and all should be fine!

14. minireza

minireza Member

So boot from Windows 7 CD (ontop of my already installed 30 day trial) and then "select Upgrade" or do I make a custome install?

Thanks

15. g12345567

g12345567 Member

This is the only information I have found on 64-bit office

Understanding 64-Bit Office

64-bit editions of Office 2010

Anybody know if you purchase the disk kit for the current $99 "office professional academic 2010" student offer. Does it include both 32-bit and 64-bit versions?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  16. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Can anyone post a link to the itsnotcheating office 2k10 ISO, like the ones to the Win7?

I want to try it first before I buy, unless there is an official site to download a trial?

17. DAVID CLEM

DAVID CLEM Member

18. gurner

gurner Member

Are the 32 and 64 bit keys still interchangable?

19. tylordurden

tylordurden Member

yes it does
    it automatically installed 32 bit office from the disk so I uninstalled an then selected the x64 folder and ran setup from there - then installed the 64 bit version

20. Dusk88

Dusk88 Member