iTunes 7.0.1 Update Out Now

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by holdennutta, Oct 2, 2006.

1. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

2. mcps

mcps Member

Currently running 7.0 on iBook and 7.0.1 on PC. Never encountered any error.

Automatic artwork downloading is really helpful, although the artwork can't be displayed on my ipod 3gen..

3. Deeman

Deeman Vagrant.

This has been out for a few days now, there's also a new firmware 1.0.2 for the new Nano, fixes a few bugs. I never had any problems with 7.0, but seems i'm in a minority there.

Album art works better now, between Amazon, iTunes, and some Google searches, i've almost managed to add art to almost all my albums, and fixed a shitload of ID3 tags, so now my songs are actually labelled properly. Has taken aaages, and i've still got tons and tons to go...

This is the price you pay for not maintaining your ID3 tags for about 6 years... :wired:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  4. k371n

k371n Member

Interestingly I've been unable to update the Nano to v1.0.2 via iTunes 7.0.1
    It always "fails to connect" to the update/upgrade server.

Am I missing something?
    k_

5. Deeman

Deeman Vagrant.

I had that problem when i first installed iTunes 7... went away after a day or so, I assumed it was the Apple servers...

6. Stanza

Stanza Member

Hmmmm is that the windows version or the apple version for the nano?

My Nano is version 1.1.1 :confused:

7. Deeman

Deeman Vagrant.

1st Gen Nano or the new Aluminium Nano?

8. Kabal

Kabal Member

Yay i can listen to music while playing world of warcraft now.

9. FumblesMcStupid

FumblesMcStupid (Banned or Deleted)

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=6435574#post6435574

10. bolex17

bolex17 Member

does it still insist checking all your music for gapless playback even though you don't want to?

11. Hibba

Hibba Member

I'm just happy they fixed the issue of skiping when you were playing video in another app

12. Deeman

Deeman Vagrant.

My iTunes won't recognise Audio CD's now :(

Edit: Work laptop sucks, works fine on my PC at home.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  13. Stanza

Stanza Member

errm, it's white and not aluminium, so I guess 1st gen? :confused:

14. raoul

raoul Member

handy little proggy for finding album art that itunes cant... It searches amazon for you...

clicky

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  15. FB008

FB008 Member

sounds promising :thumbup:

i have yet to play games while running itunes 7.0.1, i hope this problem has been fixed...

16. toliman

toliman Member

2 interesting problems with itunes 7, one is that DAAP is now broken, so xbmc doesnt work. i expect a fix to happen when apple releases the new specs, or until someone figures it out and reverses it. the audio corruption i thought was a system issue with onboard audio or the system drivers, etc.

second, when i installed itunes 7.01, it instead broke itunes. i couldn't install, reinstall or remove it. fixed that one with some judicious regediting, but it's not a good sign. what is nice about itunes7 is that ipod setup is included in the download, a better deal all around.

'library sharing' is not really important, but intriguing when i had the problem with an ipod, then XBMC that worked, then didnt.

it just wouldn't recognise the ipod that was mounted ok in explorer, etc. then XBMC couldnt load the itunes library.

reinstalling the nforce firewall fixed that up, as i was having problems connecting with my xbox for xbmc that got me to figuring it out.

all in all, it is better, but not by much. with a 50mb xml file containing 37,000 files, itunes7 sits pretty with 138mb without the album display. it then bumps up to 400mb+ when you start browsing album covers, which is fun.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  17. Damn_Good

Damn_Good Member

so i guess its not just me who has the audio go spazz when i do as little as click a link in a browser. It also happens when i launch another programme that wants to use the audio too. or have ppl worked out how to fix this yet?

ALbum art (Jukebox view) is cool, so is the new video tag editing abilities, but i cant use itunes 7 cause most of the time listening to music is a background thing while im doing other stuff, no doubt like everyone else. shame they spent alll there time making something that looks soo good it just doesnt work.

Im using a latest drives Audigy 2 ZS and iTunes 7.0.1.

plese help ive wasted so many "Machine Authorizations" going between versions