1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Jerky Group Buy

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Ma Baker, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Cryogenic

Cryogenic News Monkey

i haven't received my jerky either :(

2. Dale

Dale Member

Jerky just arrived.

Thanks Madhatter.

Cheers

Dale

3. OP
    OP
    Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Thanks Dale, I've removed your name from the list now.

4. bajor1

bajor1 Member

1kg jerky just arrived.

Thanks MadHatter, worth the wait.

Looks like AusPost is busy in Melbourne today.

Please remove me from the list Ma. Ta.

5. OP
    OP
    Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Pleased to hear, name removed. :thumbup:

neo323 your post has been removed. I'm pleased to hear your Jerky has arrived but we're keeping this thread for people who have not received any/all of their order and those that need replacement.

6. Demented Freak

Demented Freak Member

No jerky yet for me

7. bbahari

bbahari Member

No Jerky for me either.
    Sent an email to the hatter on monday or tuesday, no response.

8. etherhawk

etherhawk (Banned or Deleted)

Still no jerky for me.

Perhaps open the main jerky group buy thread and put a reference to this thread in it, then close it again as I didn't know this one existed until I checked the front page (current thread listings) just now because I was only checking UserCP.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  9. OP
    OP
    Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Good idea etherhawk, I'll do it now. :thumbup:

10. PHATE-ALITY

PHATE-ALITY Member

I got mine this morning but im missing a 1kg of honey soy, i assume its cos theres just not enough room in the express bags, so when MH is back in the game ill just send him some more cash for an extra bag and few beers cos damn i like this jerky.

PHATE

11. Goughy

Goughy Member

no jerky here

12. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Just got this email from MH, apparently written last night:

---
    People who got held back should have got their stuff today with any luck.

my post office has pretty much been closed since friday due to the show, we fall in 2 shires (like, the area actually exists in 2 different shires), we have a 4 day weekend including show days for the ekka plus wednesday which is a public holiday in all of qld i think. I didnt have an internet connection that actually worked on monday and tuesday so i never got any emails or anything until late tuesday night when i got home from sport which was pretty useless because the post office wasnt open the day after due to peoples day at the ekka (which i passed on to agg). So anyway, i went down to see the woman i hate who works there only on a thursday, she simply refused to send a full bag (im talking a big aus post bag thing) because i never signed an address on the back. Apparently she was of the belief that it was required (first excuse was because if it is returned they cant notify me, second was a security thing because they travel by air overnight), as was my signature on the front (which i did). Long story short, big argument in the post office because i refused to have to sign a whole bunch of packs when all the previous ones went through fine without my address. She didnt want to back down and refused to send them, argument got bigger until I realised she was being a stupid bitch when she said she would call the police, so I left :o . Came back after lunch with the stickers from the previous post packs saying they were sent before, spoke to a different woman, she put them through. So, let me make it clear, if you arent on the first or second list below, yours has been actually delivered to the contractor today, so, depending on where you live in the delivery area, you should have them turn up in the morning.

The only people who have to wait are people with large bbq orders. I sent some back and i have asked can it be replaced with wider strips like the rest of the jerky because the other stuff just wont keep as it is. This should be delivered here on monday which means it will be sent on the same day. Ohh, reminds me, anyone who has the bbq already i reccomend keeping it in a container in the fridge, it should keep long enough for you to eat it. If you find it is a little too wet still i put mine in an open paper bag and left it on the bench out of the sun for 3-4 days. Dried it out futher, quite a lot actually which seems to have resulted in something half decent.

So, like i said, the only people who will have any problems with delivery are a few people with large orders of bbq, you can find them below.

oddball
    s3ttz
    dodg3
    f@rmboy
    DHCosmo
    forensic
    quantime
    bern
    rukudo
    dnx
    genexedous
    fusionite
    mako (see below)
    goose1981 (see below)

These people havent sent me an email with their address.

weary
    ashen shugar
    urielis
    c@esar
    alchemy

A few people simply didnt have enough room in their post pack for me to add anything else to it, so the people below need to purchase another post pack.

GTR27 (honey soy missing)
    Roswell (hot missing)
    Mako (bbq missing)
    mistergrister (teriyaki missing)
    phate-ality (honey soy missing)
    giggitt (teriyaki missing)
    goose1981 (bbq missing)
    genexodus (chili, hot missing)
    dodg3 (bbq, plain missing)
    quantime (bbq missing)

You can only fit a 2 x 1kg bags into a 3kg pack, thats all that will physically fit. Likewise, 4-5 x 500g bags are about the limit, just cant push them all inside and seal it.

Any problems, you can direct them to fat bush pig linda at australia post.

edit: before i forget, sub, yes your other bag is still to come, it was sent out on a different day with the orders which got held up. I didnt forget it :)

13. rukudo

rukudo Member

Thanks for the update Agg/Madhatter.

Mine is yet to be recieved, however i now know why.
    Thanks.

14. phantompisser

phantompisser Member

missing 250g of ostrich.....

15. chrisrv

chrisrv Member

I haven't got mine as of yet but I'll have to go home to check, Thanks for the update Agg, nice to see MH is alive and kicking at least! :thumbup:

Unfortunately most employees at Post office's dont seem to have the same training, I've experienced this before, tis a shame they ahve caused so much trouble, maybe if there is a next time it is worth MH using a courier to try and save hassel?

16. Goa^uld

Goa^uld Member

No jerky for myself either

17. f@rmboy

f@rmboy Terrorist Photographer

better add f@rmboy to the "no jerkey yet" list :(

I think the guy at the post office is tiring of my "is it here yet?"

18. Gigitt

Gigitt Member

Cool...

I'm on the list for needing to buy another postbag for my missing 1kg of Teriyaki Jerky... so what is the cost for 1kg of Jerky to be sent?

I don't mind paying it... but would have like to have been told earlier, or at least what the cost would be to get my other 1kg!

Gigitt.

19. Tony

Tony New Member

I'm missing 250g of plain and like Gigitt, prob. want to order a bit more to make it worthwhile.

T.

20. daffy

daffy Member

Please add my name to the list as i have not received mine either, thanks.