1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jewellery shoot with Jess [17 pics]

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by ya3, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bubblegoose

bubblegoose Member

lol when editing a lot of images, probs late at night, you tend to lose focus miss out on things like that and need a fresh perspective to let you know if they are right or not.

If you think my comment implied he didn't know what he was doing, then I am sorry you feel this way, and if you were here I would give you a blanket and a cup of hot coco to help you through this tough time.

2. MotoJohnno

MotoJohnno Member

A hot blanket probably isn't necessary, but I'll take the coco :p

3. nafan08

nafan08 Member

i think these images are great they have a nice feel to them. Some of you guys are saying that some of the images are underexposed, i dont think that they are there is detail in all of the images i think they give a nice feel to them. I think if you go much brighter they wont look as good well thats what i think anyway.

Good work ya3.

4. crepuscular

crepuscular Member

remind me of Moulin Rogue :D:thumbup:

5. undef

undef Member

naw, lifestyle shoot...

i do this thing where i follow bunch of models around for a day or night out (last time it was 6 girls, apt -> dinner -> clubs), it's for a shoe company. half the pics got no shoes in them at all...

more 'hey how awesome their life is, and wait they are wearing XYZ...'

i like this set, maybe done a few things diff, but everyone got their own style...

6. undef

undef Member

edit: double post, wireless internet fail

7. kingbob86

kingbob86 Member

So they're not your standard product placement shots, I still really like them.

8. OP
    OP
    ya3

ya3 Member

We actually shot hundreds of super-sharp product shots on a white cyclo for their catalogue. These aren't catalogue shots. And they probably won't be seen all at once, like they are here, but used accordingly in various materials, so having a few different 'looks' was completely intentional.

I can see why you'd think they're underexposed. The histogram would look way off the "ideal", the blacks are quite crushed, but I'm happy with the look. Low-key cinematic rembrandt lighting.

9. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

I know bugger all about this type of photography but I love these shots, great feel to them.
    Love the set. :)

10. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Brute force & optimism

I know next to bugger all about photography generally, but I think these look great. :)

I like the shallow DOF effects, the moody "crushed" blacks and lowlights, it achieves a romantic look. I also completely agree with the effectiveness of shooting the subject matter (the jewelry) in its "natural environment" rather than using lighting and focus to bring it out or artificially highlighting it in processing. I can see these shots being very effective slipped between the pages of a similarly moody and cinematic-looking clothing shoot or style article.

EDIT: Jess is pretty easy on the eyes too. ;)

11. dankman

dankman Member

Photos #1 and #10 gives the model a very Charlize Theron look.
    ===
    ChrisP