"Join me in the airline lounge" Thread (Offers only - no requests)

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Zee, Jan 1, 2014.

1. millsy_c

millsy_c Member

Yep that rings a bell, confused the crap out of me because I went to the silver one last time I went through assuming it was worse :lol:

2. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

I get to airport at the last minute so it is very rare for me to try the lounge in Sydney.
    I always get a heart flutter at security check -> not for anything dodgy but if the line is LONG.

So there is a priority security screening for gold plus members, how do you access it via the lounge, in particular in Sydney International, any help would be appreciated.

Might have to try to get into KrisSilver lounge, the funny thing is the look and feel of the two is marketly different.

KrisSilver look like it was made to show off Singapore air entrance via escalator in the middle of the terminal with nice large signs, where as KrisGold lounge seems like an after thought.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. millsy_c

millsy_c Member

Priority screening for international is usually via a dedicated line at security, you often get given some kind of printed pass to get you through, make sure to ask for it at check in.

4. Stonewall

Stonewall Member

I don't get the Silver being better than Gold thing. I am sure there is a logic somewhere. But once almost went into the gold lounge travelling J and they told me no. Thought I was missing out, then googled it.

The food in Silver is ok, but its not amazing by any grade, even first/suites lounge in SG isn't that amazing compared to other lounges around the world.

Best thing is the tea bags in the lounge, TWG I normally stock up on my outbound flights, nothing like having a range of good tea bags when traveling. I also have those disposable drip filters from Japan and I am covered.

5. archie

archie Member

yep, confused me too.

after my one and only visit to silverkris i read about goldkris and was devastated thinking I had missed out on the better "gold" lounge :lol:

6. tobes

tobes Member

I've flown through as a Virgin Platinum and got access to the High End lounge. Got a great massage , shower and a decent meal.

It's not quite the terminal straddling Emirates Dubai lounge but the service and food is good.

7. OP
    OP
    Zee

Zee Member

Whoops - forgot to post, but I'm in the Singapore Air Lounge at T3 for a few hours form now, if anyone is about with a Star Alliance ticket... pm me for quickest response.

Z...

8. OP
    OP
    Zee

Zee Member

I do like to get on board nice and fast too. I can then get back to reading/watching TV show or whatever I was doing before.

Kinda like whole whole package though, to be honest...

Z...

9. wwwww

wwwww Member

You get an express pass, then enter the secret entrance just on the left when facing the Qantas First check in desks. This will take you to a dedicated passport control queue, go through it then at security check keep left and give your express pass to the gentlenan standing on your left and he will direct you to the priority queue which plebs will sneak into anyway.

10. archie

archie Member

tried the express pass at syd airport last week when I flew J on SQ to Munich.
    So quick!

There was a guy there to direct me to the express path security as well, not just for passports.

SilverKris at Sydney is quite nice. enjoyed the food.
    then ate again on board, boy do they love feeding you in J!
    great service by SQ staff, scored some special stuffed bears (had to ask for them in J). pics here for those who don't know what I'm talking about, http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ines-krisflyer/dare-to-bear-it-all-82914.html

slept so well all the way to Munich. Going to be hard not going J everytime to Europe now :(

11. OP
    OP
    Zee

Zee Member

F is even more fun! That's my yearly treat for enduring Y for ~100kmiles/year, a first class trip around Asia. Oddly, if I were to buy said flight, with money, it would cost more than all my Y tickets combined :thumbup:

Z...

Hold on a second - you're talking about the Silverkris lounge, not "silver" lounge.. That be SQ's higher tier lounge ( Business, and Platinum/PPS club). Pretty sure F get their own lounge.

In Changi, the benefit of the Silverkris lounge is the showers/toilets etc in the lounge. I do find it dd that in every other SQ lounge anywhere, they have showers - except their home airport. I find SQ's lounges on foreign soil way better in general. Food and alcohol selection is a bit better in the Silverkris lounge too.

TWG:thumbup:
    Z...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
  12. archie

archie Member

No way I could endure Y for 100k/year every year!
    Y to India/Lanka so around 12 hours without transit in Singapore is the most I can manage.

lol yeah I'm sure F or suites with access the to the F lounge or even better "the private room" at Changi would be even better!

But alas, as much as I have the points to burn I've decided to spread the love and redeemed J tickets for the parents & in-laws to give them the experience as well.

wife & I with our then 9 month old son will be going P.E one way and J on the return on our next trip.

13. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

Quick question, I'm flying SQ (is that Singapore) business next month, I plan changing my routine and actually turn up at the airport early.

Is silverkris better than velocity lounge?
    I'll have to ask about the stuffed bears

Must find this mysterious secret entrance everyone seems to use.
    Where as I'm usually running and cutting lines because I'm late and the doors are closing lol.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  14. archie

archie Member

If flying business on SQ (yeah Singapore) silver Kris is their best lounge.
    Have to go up the escalator near gate 55, escalator is very close to an electronics/JB HiFi duty free shop.

The express path for customs at Sydney is past the normal "all gates" entrance, another ~15m or so if coming from the SQ check in counters (K from memory).

Didn't think velocity had any international lounges only domestic ones??

At Changi you can also use the silver Kris lounge.
    If you are there for Transit (less than 24hrs in either direction) you can also redeem $20 Changi dollars to spend on anything except tobacco products, mine is spent on grog or perfume usually.

If you need more info on the transit program let me know

15. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

I mean Velocity reciprocal lounges.

Anyway I'll look it up and thank you very much I might pm you closer to the date for any other hidden benefits.

16. OP
    OP
    Zee

Zee Member

It's easy - just keep walking until you find the "express path" entry. The person on the counter should tell you where it is when you check in.

Never been to the Velocity Lounge, but they do cook to order in the Silverkris Lounge at SYD. They also bring you your drinks etc, as apposed to having to get your arse up and walk to the fridge yourself on the other side of the wall most of the time. Though the staff in the Gold Lounge will also bring you drinks, just more people/staff member, so you may be waiting a while.

Z...

17. wwwww

wwwww Member

[​IMG]

Ugh, I had some emergency flights so I accidentally retained platinum too early. My membership year expires end of August. I like to let them think it's going to drop to Gold so they send me the gold baggage tags before it renews as Platinum - you can sell those tags on eBay for like $30.

18. redslert

redslert Member

Sorry to inform you that when you drop down a level they do not send you new tags.

I've dropped down from Plat to Gold last year.

19. wwwww

wwwww Member

They sent them to me last year, I sold them on eBay for $76.
    [​IMG]

Maybe they just don't like you that much. :p

20. Dre_

Dre_ Member

Why hell would someone pay for baggage tags?