"Join me in the airline lounge" Thread (Offers only - no requests)

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Zee, Jan 1, 2014.

1. millsy

millsy Member

With my offers there's zero expectation (or necessarily desire) that they hang around with me once we enter, just a general community offer :)

On that note, Melbourne Domestic, Virgin, +3 possible, this thursday ~5:30-6pm.

I'll be flying out of Brisbane international but with emirates, so if anybody can buzz me in that'd be awesome :)

2. yellows2k

yellows2k Member

the platinum amex is fairly popular for small business owners. we have actually been offered the centurion amex for a long time, but the $5k fee isnt worthwhile.

3. millsy

millsy Member

Actually side question, any promos on ATM to get a status match with Qantas or Emirates from VFF? I see there's Star Alliance with Air NZ but not much use for QFF flights :p

4. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

By the time I get to the lounge I am so burnt out from work there's no way in hell I want to do more work. Lounge time is for... lounging and if someone wants to grab a beer and talk shit, then sweet but I mostly offer just because I remember how much I hate sitting out with the plebs so completely fine if people just want to do there own thing. Typically I only have time for one quick beer anyway.

Sounds like we are on the same flight :thumbup:

5. millsy

millsy Member

I think I'm on the 7pm but sounds like we can buzz in a few ocau'ers if any are around :D

6. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

When I'm working, I'm not actually working in the lounge. Would be happy to meet a fellow OCAUer and do them a favour.
    When I'm travelling with my family, I don't post in this thread about it.

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Zee

Zee Member

I've been offered the Platinum a few times, but the $1500 does not quite make sense for my case. Not yet, anyway. As I said, if I can turn over enough that it covers itself in points, that's when I'll take it up, but until then...

Z...

8. millsy

millsy Member

Anyone know if you can use a QANTAS club guest pass (like when you hit silver) for international lounges?

9. aeries

aeries Member

yep, you can use QC passes for any international Qantas business lounge. The only exceptions to this rule is the Qantas Singapore Lounge as its at capacity at the moment, and the OneWorld LAX lounge as it's operated by QF but for OW business travellers only.

10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So virgin has wifi on board now.

This post comes from 30,000 feet

11. millsy

millsy Member

Unfortunately it would seem dubai is not qantas operated, ah well, looking like i'll purchase an entry, unless anyone will be in dubai sunday and can buzz me in :)

I found it good for even youtube!

12. aeries

aeries Member

VA have had wifi on their 737's for a while now, definitely ahead of QF as half the QF fleet still don't have wifi...

Yep, Emirates operates the lounges in Dubai. If your flight is ticketed by Qantas (QF8XXX), maybe you can try attaching a digital pass to your booking?

13. yellows2k

yellows2k Member

whats the charge? or was it free? jal had wifi but it was aud$14.95 or somethingfor the trip

14. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Free for general browsing messaging which worked damn fast, I was impressed. You could also pay ~8 for premium high speed. Next flight I'll try watching YT on the free one and see how it fares.

15. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

qantas always has one, according to below, but you need to contact them.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/the-qantas-status-match-for-virgin-australia-velocity-frequent-flyers

I just made Velocity Plat, so I plan doing the VFF to QAntas status match next year if still available around June as I have business trips around that time, and should be able to acquire 400 qantas status.

And with VFF soft landing from plat to gold to silver, I’ll have some kind of status three years on vff, though I’m hoping to keep gold on both.

Pity I don’t fly enough to aquire a plat and gold. But should be able to manage gold on both.

Anyone know if qantas has soft landing or is it a dead drop?

16. mtma

mtma Member

The QF free wifi was good enough for youtube, so if they're using the same system (the NBN satellite service) it should be up to it.

17. Radley

Radley Member

I'll be flying Qatar business from Sydney to Edinburgh via Doha, then Gatwick to Sydney In a couple of weeks . Any tips for the lounges?

(Edited for shitty spelling from my phone!)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  18. wwwww

wwwww Member

1st March, BKK Emirates lounge, EK418

19. OP
    OP
    Zee

Zee Member

Friday Feb 15 from about 9am at SYD Singapore Air lounge, can buzz in one *A flyer.

Also from about 16:00-18:00 in Singapore, likely to be T2 Singapore Air Gold Lounge.

Z...

20. millsy

millsy Member

Radelaide, ~6pm, Friday, up to +2 VA.