Jurassic World Evolution (PC, PS4 & XB1)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Aug 21, 2017.

1. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

But I suspect that might translate to boring game play... it's kinda why I don't play Planet Coaster... It looks so awesome, but, just lacks, some kinda fun depth? Maybe I'm just hanging out for the waterslides update... god I hope there's a water slides update >_<

2. Zee

Zee Member

I don't mind Planet Coaster, it's fun to play with my daughter, though critical ride failures, with casualties and whatever consequences would be an interesting add in, if you don't maintain rides properly.

As for this JP game, I think most will be testing the various dino's with deliberate weak points/failures, just to watch them go nuts. I know I will - especially if there is a sandbox mode. Build a huge park with the nastiest species, the flick the power and see what happens...

Z...

3. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Interested but not gonna buy for that price

4. breno

breno Member

Well if you don't like building /management games then you probably won't like it.

But I do suspect that if certain things were overlooked in the building of the park, death will reign leading to profit loss lol

5. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Yeah, I wanna see some genetic freak failures damn it!

There was a game I played as a kid ~ mid 90's, where you played a dinosaur and as you ran around eating things you could upgrade your genetics... can't remember the name of it though. =/

6. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

7. Moochin_Bastard

Moochin_Bastard Member

Looks awesome. I'm hell keen to play.

8. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Another video in the series above:

I really get the impression Jeff Goldblum just stood there reading his lines off a sheet after which I imagine him looking around snapping his fingers asking where his cheque is. Doesn't sound like he put any effort into getting into character at all.

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

IGN slammed it.. but its IGN.. will have to see how proper reviewers/players go. So far steam is 'very positive'.

10. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

Looking at reviews I have seen one thing most people say.. lacking depth and engaging gameplay.

I have pre-ordered Elite and Planet coaster for stupid amounts of money and been burnt at release. Whilst they are not "bad" games. and I actually did about 100+ hours in Elite (before beta progress reset), but they are sooooo Shallow! I even tried to go back to Elite after a year or so and whilst it was a little better, there wasn't enough of a change to draw me back in.

the same thing is being said about this, just like other Frontier games, the Pool is amazing and has all the right bits and the structure of a great game but essentially 0 DEPTH AGAIN!!! Why? Why do you do this frontier. Hire some people to make engaging gameplay mechanics and put them into your game, you are always SOOOOOO close, you just need that last part.

PlanetCoaster was the same, I want a 'management' game, not a level designing application. You can have both, but there is a large chunk of RCT fans that want this. Honestly I still had fun with for a little bit, but there is 0 real substance past placing things around to look pretty. I suppose I will wait 6 months to find it cheap and/or hopefully with some Gameplay mechanics resolved.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    BurningFeetMan likes this.
  11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

so it like a city building game?

12. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

This completely. Almost saved me writing a post! :p

I WANTED to lose hours on Planet Coaster, but I don't know if it's a case of getting old, or maybe 2 years of playing the shit out of Mine Craft, and 10 years of RCT1, 2 & 3 exhausted my creativity - getting old? But no, I think it isn't me, but I just don't find PC engaging enough.

Regarding JWE, as it suffers from what appears to be the same lack in depth as PC, I guess I'll just wait for the first PC Expansion. If I remember right, I didn't actually play RCT3 until Wild was released anyway. :lol:

13. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

lol @ IGN. The dislikes on that video are 90%!
    Critics don't know what they are reviewing these days?

81% positive out of 2000+ player reviews on steam so far:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/648350/Jurassic_World_Evolution/

Also currently 85 user score on Metacritic.

They are still adding in content like water/flying dinosaurs and extra missions etc,

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  14. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Probably one of the biggest fans of the Jurassic Park series playing the game:

15. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

how much is it on AU steam?

17. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  18. c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

As a mad JP fan i pre ordered and i have not stopped playing it. There are a few things that need attention and it is far from perfect BUT on the whole its a great game. Short at the moment as i unlocked everything in about 6 hours but now getting everything to 100% will take some time for me. Solid game straight from release so it can only get better from here. BTW Indominus destroys guests with a pack of about 8 raptors :p

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Hmm... The game is cheaper on the Canadian steam store at $63 CAD.