Just Cause 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Yerolo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Sankari

Sankari Member

Loved JC II. Can't wait for this!

:D

2. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Just like the screens, all high end cgi. Let me know once it's ingame footage. :thumbup:

3. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I hate most modern AAA titles....

With the exception of Just Cause! Holy crap, JC2 had me addicted like nothing else. The sheer freedom and insanity! I still load that thing up for laughs today when I need a bit of de-stressing.

Completely psyched for JC3. Can't wait.

Much excite!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  4. Sankari

Sankari Member

^^ This.

Sandbox world, do whatever you like, get around to missions when you feel like it, meanwhile just blow stuff up and generally cause chaos.

5. elvis

I'm playing GTA V at the moment, and finding it frustrating by comparison. The more realistic physical constraints just leave me annoyed. To quote Maddox: "if I wanted realism, I wouldn't be playing video games. It's that simple."

JC2's unlimited grapple/parachute combo is sheer brilliance. At no time do you feel locked in or constrained. Movement isn't hampered, and if you die, it's your own damned fault for not running away and living to fight another day. And the lolz from various grapple-related silliness is just icing on the cake.

Avalanche chose fun over reality, and the result was brilliant. Kings of the sandbox.

6. roamin

roamin Member

very true in some aspects but gta is gta, jc is jc. gta has followed this path for some time so its not exactly a new thing. i quite like the semi realism in some parts, for eg: the conversations the public has and so on. its those touches that make gta a great game.

most games are having "realism" introduced, its no different to reality tv really, if i want to cook, i will go do it myself, i dont want to watch a stranger cook or dance or sing and so on. yet oddly enough, people love watching that shit, hence why theres so many reality tv shows.

games are no different really.

7. elvis

I cheered when "Sunset Overdrive" was announced. Big, crazy and colourful - the complete opposite of every shooter on the market in the last 10 years.

I hope the trend catches on. Boring brown shooters and hyper-realism are tedious. I work crazy hours and have kids - I don't have hours to play games every week. Give me something crazy I can enjoy and escape the mundane real world for a few hours, and not something that's the digital equivalent of finding my keys and going to work.

8. OP
    OP
    Yerolo

Yerolo Member

New Trailer :thumbup:

9. power

power Member

Last time I checked I couldn't invade a military base and fly a chopper or steal random cars and run the fuck over everyone you see. GTAV has plenty of mayhem. There IS less in GTAV but it's a bit unfair to equate it to your daily commute!!

new trailer is so awesome - can't wait for this. The thing that always impressed me about JC2 was the verticality and the sheer size of the island. And that bitchin' grapple!

10. Unframed

Unframed Member

Look at the date of Elvis' post. Predates GTAV release. It's the most absurd non-Saints Row game to come out in a while.

11. power

power Member

nooooo, he said this.

12. Unframed

Unframed Member

Whoops. My apologies. Carry on.

GTAV is the bomb-diggity.

13. OP
    OP
    Yerolo

Yerolo Member

PC release maybe...but GTAV came out 18mths ago and who's to say he didnt play them then ?

GTAV is an insane open world, but I think JC2 is just on another level of complete batshit insane lunacy. They are just too different imo so I do not compare them

14. Unframed

Unframed Member

I assumed he was talking about GTAV out of nowhere. Skimmed too many posts.

Agreed.

15. elvis

GTA V was released September 17, 2013 on PS3 and XBox 360. I've played it to completion on XBox 360.

The re-release on PS4, XBox One and PC is a sexy graphical overhaul with some cute features (first person mode, etc), but is not by any stretch an entirely new game. Same shit with a prettier bucket.

GTA V is fun. Lots of fun. Speaking only for myself and nobody else (because that's how subjectivity works), Just Cause 2 was funner (maybe because it was *less* realistic, and therefore took the shackles off the player somewhat more so), and I'm looking forward to Just Cause 3 more than I was looking forward to GTA V.

I'm yet to purchase a next-gen console, and I don't play PC games (not for any other reason other than I'm completely over maintaining a gaming-standard PC and MS Windows to go with it, as my work is now entirely Linux based on an ultra portable laptop). The new Batman game has me excited for a new console, and JC3 will be what pushes me over the edge to get a PS4.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  16. power

power Member

I love them all, Saints Row has the best humour by far, GTAV feels like a real place - that you can go nuts in, JC well it feels the biggest and the place that gives the most freedom. But for me unless they work through some of the physics (driving sucks and there is almost literally no reason to) and respawns, it's a close third. It is awesome for helicopter gunships - literally my favourite thing besides grapple is going nuts with a gunship and just exploding everything in sight.

GTAV gets the feel of things just right in every department especially if you are on foot or in a car/bike, you can really see where they spent all that development loot.

And those heists - so damn exciting!

17. elvis

I've not played Saints Row yet. Unsure of whether I should, and if I do where to start.

Yes, JC2 driving sucked, I'll agree. So did GTA IV's driving, but they did an amazing job fixing that up for GTA V.

By comparison, GTA V's flying sucks, whereas JC2 does a much better job.

I watched this with a giant idiot grin across my face the whole time. Much excite.

18. NSanity

NSanity Member

JC2 was super fun.

GTA5 is super fun.

JC3 will be super fun.

19. elvis

Listen, Mr Inclusive and Peaceful Guy, how on earth are we supposed to bicker and rant about a completely non-aggressive post like that?

20. power

power Member

Saints Row IV - grab a fully loaded version and play with Nolan North voice :D

It's always on sale - wait for one!

GTAV certainly is easier - the driving in 4 was a bit too touchy for most but once you get used to it it can be fun to hang the arse end out and drift those floaty cars. Just Cause driving feels like an afterthought, physics are almost non-existent, terrible. SR doesn't do much better - and when you level up it no longer matters - yet again, driving is an afterthought.

I quite like flying planes (flying a Jumbo in GTAV is VERY fun - once you get the hang of the planes you can pull of some amazing stuff in V too, the flight school is a must) and even choppers in V but the choppers in JC felt much better I agree wholeheartedly (maybe because you are mostly flying gunships and blowing the shit out of everything, lol).

I love comparing the 3 as they are similar games in many ways, for sheer engine perfection V beats them all hands down. SR and JC are both amazing games in their own right though.

Given how awesome JC2 was in relation to JC1 I feel we are all in for a treat.