Just Cause 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Yerolo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Only pro tip I have to offer is don't blow up bridges until you've done all the land race challenges.

I've liberated a lot of areas prior to the story getting me that far, and nothing bad has happened. Made the mission a little easier, but nothing bad came of it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  2. Foliage

Foliage Member

I blew one up for lols but it seemed to rebuild itself when I died shortly after. I'll keep it in mind though.

Good, I was scared it wasn't going to get harder. As much as totally demolishing a province with an apache is awesome mindless fun, I need it to progress or I'll probably get bored. The apache feels overpowered as well, not much need to use the grapling hook when you can dodge sams and just strafe the entire base.

3. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

I hope they patched some of the bugs. I got this day 1 and changed one of the controls under the car tab. Somehow it impacted the helicopter controls, everytime i started to fly my guy bailed out so i quit.

4. elvis

You haven't discovered the Bavarium nukes yet, I see. :)

5. Unframed

Unframed Member

This game is a hoot. Loving it so far. Just got a wingsuit time of 9mins 45.

Also based on the chap who was complaining about performance without playing the game I put on an FPS display. Constant 60fps 99% of the time at the highest settings 2560x1080. I think I may have it capped because it never went over either but still. Performance is fine.

6. dohzer

dohzer Member

Finally found some more time to play it and finished it last night. 100% in everything and almost all the Steam award thingies.

I didn't even realise that you could plant remote mines at any time you wanted until I'd basically finished the game. I thought they were just for that mission at the start where you blow up a bridge. Couldn't see a "mine" button in the game controls.

7. elvis

Boooo... liberated everything, finished the story. Want more stuff to blow up. :upset:

8. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

having fun, but can't seem to play for more than an hour without a CTD or BSOD.

9. Foliage

Foliage Member

Anyone know if there is a way to redo missions? Nothing left to blow up now that I've finished

Edit: just finished the credits and you can reoppress any settlements awesome

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  10. pugsley

pugsley Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  11. Ogre

Ogre Member

So how does the leader board thing people were talking/complaining about work?

I don't get anything in game saying that I beat or someone beat my records and it appears I am the only one with a score when looking at the challenges to get more cogs.

12. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

I noticed last night that it wasn't showing others scores/times either. It should show other people's scores but for some reason it's not. Maybe the leaderboard server is down our something?

13. Ogre

Ogre Member

Not sure, I have been playing a for a few days and never seen it

14. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

Same here. It vanished a few days ago.

My guess is the server's being ddos'd or something coz it was annoying as hell.

15. kelthegeek

kelthegeek Member

Got this last week and I'm enjoying it more than I have any game for some time. I like the open world and that you can just cruise around and blow stuff up.

One problem I have with it is that there are clearly some graphical issues on my setup. Game runs nicely except for the fact that there are often a fair number of random terrain bits missing. I suspect it's a graphics card/driver issue as I get the same thing in GTA V.

I'll post some info on my PC specs when I get home.

16. Ogre

Ogre Member

If you have an AMD card I think you need the latest drivers

17. kelthegeek

kelthegeek Member

I do have an AMD card it's an R7 360. I suspect the latest drivers are the problem.

18. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Finished this a week ago.
    Insane amount of fun.

I do appreciate you dont need to get 5 gears on every challenge to unlock the max upgrades.

Wingsuiting around the world is so much fun, expect when i reel into a cliff or rock :rolleyes::Paranoid:

A shame Avalanche brought down the leaderboard stuff due to some server side technical stuff, would like to have known how much i kicked everyones ass at launching citizens off cliffs :)

The main story is quite short i think, but there is so much to do in the world that i still dumped around 45 hours into the game.
    I ended up liberating the entire map, but didnt finish all of the challenges.

Only real negative is that one you have a wing suit and helicopter/plane, driving a car seems meaningless. However i did find myself driving around a few times and really enjoyed it.

Overall a great and fun game. Also the rebel drop system is superb :D

19. elvis

Learning to use the wingsuit for the first time

[​IMG]

20. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

That is more accurate than it should be.... :lol::D