Just Cause 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Yerolo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. lithos

lithos Member

Piss off back to COD.

2. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

From here:
    "Christofer Sundberg, the Founder and Chief Creative Officer at Avalanche Studios, revealed via Twitter that Just Cause 2 has sold approximately 6,000,000 units to date".

No doubt JC3 will see even bigger sales numbers.

Typical angry gamer guy: "I don't like it, so it'll probably fail". Nope, sorry mate, they'll make mint from this because single player fun is still a viable entry in the market (I play zero multiplayer ever and pre-ordered JC3 Day One Edition for console. You mad, bro?).

3. Unframed

Unframed Member

With elvis. I rarely do MP, I care very little for it. JC2 was a great open world romp solo, why would JC3 be bad?

4. leck

leck Member

wheres a decent place to buy it from?

5. pugsley

pugsley Member

He's not saying the game is going to be terrible, he's just voicing his distaste for a missing feature, which i honestly thought with the popularity of the MP mod for JC2 they would look at implementing.

I'm still going to grab it and have a blast because it looks amazing. But no MP is a little disappointing.

6. power

power Member

I just cannot wait for this, just watched a minute or two of this flyover - it gives you a great idea of the scale of the environment.

7. pugsley

pugsley Member

8. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Who says it won't ever happen?

Given the enormous size of games these days, and the many-years development time it takes literally thousands of people to achieve, what's to say that we won't see multiplayer appear at a later date?

It's becoming more and more common for games of this size to trickle out features over time. I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather see a game released and pay-for features added on as DLC over time, than have to wait 5+ years for the game to be released, and potentially have the developer go broke in that period of time and the entire franchise vanish.

Seriously, angry gamers are their own worst enemy. Chill out and enjoy what's out there. We're talking about video games here. We're not saving lives or changing the world. It's supposed to be fun, remember?

9. lithos

lithos Member

I agree with the hunk o' hunk o' burnin' OCAUer up there.

Since when was gaming defined by multiplayer? I hate that tick-a-box mentality.

Deal with it, people. I guess you're going to have find some other outlet to question the sexuality of your fellow 12-year-olds over voice chat.

10. power

power Member

Absolutely this, singleplayer is still a huge market - there will be demand for multi, but they can add it later.

11. lithos

lithos Member

I'm a firm believer of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

"Number of features" is not a feature in and of itself - and Avalanche simply tacking on multi doesn't necessary add anything to the game. In fact, factoring dev time and cost, it may actually detract from the game.

12. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

I dont think people realise how mucho work goes into implementing ANY kind of multiplayer, let alone something that is a cohesive and fun experience.

Look at GTA Online as a prime example of something that was terrible (atleast on launch), and Rockstar would have had trucks of cash to throw at it.

13. lithos

lithos Member

Yeah. I'd rather a game do one thing well than a bunch of things poorly. I respect that more than just trying to get another bullet point to put on the back of the box.

SP is a much more controlled dev environment.

14. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Yeah.

Looking forward to blowing EVERYTHING up :p

Then blowing up a bridge and watch people drive off it.....because im evil

15. OP
    OP
    Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Just a heads up...game runs like dogshit on the new consoles (as its been leaked for well over a week now), so you may need a fairly decent system to run this smoothly.

Personally, I'm going to hold off for a bit which will give me time to finish building my new rig and for the price to come down a bit. Bring on the impressions etc tomorrow though lads :thumbup:

16. roamin

roamin Member

well when its released later today i will try it out and report back. 2x titans and a 3770k with 16gb ram at 1080p im hoping it runs fine. im sure there will be a day one patch and also new game drivers too.

fingers crossed all plays well. at $39 with dlc though im not too fussed as i know it will be great fun in the end just like JC2 was.

17. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Im sure you will be fine :shock:

There is already a day 1 patch for it on PC.
    The videos shown (which seem to be all PC or PS4) seems to run great.

Might just be an XBone thing...

18. roamin

roamin Member

Have people forgotten that gta did not launch with multiplayer when it first came out. I liked that idea as it allowed me to play the campaign and finish it before multi was released. Then heists they were 12 months over due and this coming from rockstar games.

Stop ya bitching and moaning.

19. power

power Member

Yeah, watched a quick play on GG Pocket yesterday and it was running on pre-release PC code and was smooth as.

20. OP
    OP
    Yerolo

Yerolo Member

From what I've been reading on GAF and other places the PS4 version is far from fine... We're talking 3.5min load times after every death and below 20fps during lots of on-screen action.

The PC version looks good though (with decent hardware)