Just Cause 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by elvis, Jun 12, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    elvis

elvis Old school old fool

3 was technically a bigger map, but didn't feel like it. Somehow 2 felt larger in scale. Maybe because of how it was more difficult to gain territory and explore?

But yeah, I'm with you: as much as 3 gave us more crazy physics shit to play with, I hope whatever made 2 feel so great comes back.

2. Shags

Shags Member

I saw this at EB last week the box only mentioned Xbox/PS4 - Such a relief to know this is coming on PC, Preordering now!

3. Foliage

Foliage Member

3 was really easy, basically my strategy was get apache helicopters to respond and just steal one, then you could missile huge bases and once the chopper got too banged up you'd bail, rinse and repeat.

elvis likes this.
  4. roamin

roamin Member

No one has ever said there games are bad. Great games actually. I'm just not willing to drop $70-$80 on a single player experience when theres a lot of good games out now and coming soon with more playability.

I get it. You worked on it. I can sense your defense towards it and I understand that. But it's going to let a lot of people down in 2018. Agree or not. Personal preference and all that shit huh.

Loved the series. Played and finished 2 and 3. I bought 3 at launch as I "assumed" it would have mp. Especially as jc2 had a mp mod. Youd think the devs would use there pickle but nope. I was wrong. Yes I played the game of course and finished it. But I remember kicking myself paying full ticket price too.

5. OP
    OP
    elvis

Nope. Worked on a trailer for the game. Didn't work on the game itself. No attachment to it other than being a fan of the last two games.

Again, nope. Rapidly tiring of gamer entitlement culture, is what that's about.

I read non-stop articles of game devs working themselves to death, or in terrible conditions, often sacrificing their relationships with their loved ones for their craft and not getting paid what they deserve. And in return, walls of posts from people demanding more for less.

It's not limited to this game, nor this company. I've said the same in dozens of other threads over the years.

But whatever, it's way off topic. I've made my point, so I'm done with clogging up this thread on something that belongs elsewhere (for which I genuinely apologise - I shouldn't have bothered with the first dig that set off this chain reaction). If you want to add your vote to the "I want more for less" pile, that's cool too. As you said, your preference.

Not a sentiment I share, even for games I don't enjoy.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  6. Foliage

Foliage Member

I used to pirate games when younger. Now I don't think I could ever do that after realising the tremendous effort that goes into big games like GTA etc. It is absolutely incredible what they can produce for only $80 a copy.

elvis likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    elvis

I'm depressing myself by reading "Black Friday" and/or "Autumn Sale" threads where people are complaining that things still aren't cheap enough, and can be bought even cheaper elsewhere.

I might just ban myself from everything but the retro forums shortly...

8. Foliage

Foliage Member

Ban yourself from the forums entirely. I hardly ever read OCAU these days. Trying to cut down on facebook as well, though it is hard as I use it a lot for work.

I honestly don't miss it! I find it is an echo chamber in most threads, you don't take home many new ideas or information.

Rubberband and the_fuzz like this.
  9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Apparently devs are aware of how badly JC3 launch went for Pc (poor optimisation, stutter, load times) and making the extra effort to ensure it doesn't happen on JC4. GW I say.

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Looks like a fun sandbox but a wait for sale for me.

11. OP
    OP
    elvis

* Wants extra work to go into PC port
    * Rewards hard work by saying "kthx" on a forum, and paying less for the game.

Another day in PCMR. I wonder why the games industry is in such distress, with so much unpaid overtime?

12. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Loved the first 3. But ill probably wait for a decent sale. Just looks like JC3 to me.

walker_2003 likes this.
  13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Ah the usual defending the poor game devs. They are on the street homeless begging for that next meal. I am sure there is much worse industries then neckbeards in air-conditioned buildings.

Make so-so game, get so-so sales. I still appreciate the extra effort in PC version but that alone doesn't get me over the line.

14. power

power Member

looks like a very polished 3 to me, but it's not screaming buy me now. So by the time I get to it it will most likely be patched up and cheaper.

I wish the guys had branched out, Just Cause didn't really need a 4 or a 3 for that matter. I know they have some new ideas happening here but it doesn't feel like enough.

15. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Yeah needs some new mechanics thrown in otehr than the explosion simulator IMO. Add some new meta gameplay beyond that and id be in.

16. OP
    OP
    elvis

According to recent articles, working 100+ hour weeks for months on end, not seeing their families, burning out, getting divorced.

But hey, make sure you pick it up on the Steam Summer Sale for $5. And then when you do, leave a note on the Steam forums about how lazy the devs are because multiplayer sucked and it was frame capped to 60FPS. PCMR4lyfe woo!

I look forward to the next time you wonder out loud why $DEVELOPER didn't bother with a PC port.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  17. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Member

18. power

power Member

19. OP
    OP
    elvis

20. power

power Member