Happy new year all! Well, this has now officially extended from a winter project to a 2018 project to just a project... However, with some annual leave forced on me with an office closure this week I've done a lot of work and reached a milestone with the speakers. The 2-way Kairos are finished! I'm very glad to have them back playing music. The temporary speakers I'd been running for a couple of months weren't really inspiring me. Side and top veneer applied, trimmed and sanded. You can see the J-Roller in the bottom right corner that I ordered after veneering the first panel in early Dec. I was worried about peeling back some grain by just using a rounded piece of ply to press it down. Front chamfer veneer glued down. It was very fiddly and time consuming trimming all the edges around the front due to the angles. I ended up trimming all the veneer with a knife by hand. All veneer trimmed and initial sanding with 240grit. I applied a solid sheet to the front and with a lot more fiddly and time consuming trimming with a scalpel trimmed out the driver holes. I went to some effort to cascade the grain from the top onto the fronts First coat of finish applied (it is still wet in the photo). I ended up using Whitle Waxes Evolution Hardwax Oil in satin. I was aiming to get a finish similar to using Danish oil, but was hoping for something that provided a bit more protection. This product is primarily intended for coating timber floors, so I'm hoping it does this. I wasn't after a very glossy finish, but I may have gone for the gloss if I had the time again, but overall I'm pretty happy with the result. For reference, my procedure was: - Final sand to 320grit - Clean and wipe down - Apply fairly thick coat with a foam brush - Sand lightly with 400grit to take off the grain lifted by the first coat - Clean and wipe down - Applied another 3 coats with a rag wiping down between each It will apparently take 8-10 days to fully cure and apparently I shouldn't lay carpet on top of it or walk on it before then. 4 coats applied Terminal holes redrilled and terminals fitted I'll leave it hanging there for now. I've removed the terminal connectors for the driver and input terminal connections now and soldered direct. I've refitted the drivers and they're up and running. I'll take them outside later on for a proper photo shoot.