kart racing pro ( kart simulator )

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by AussieSausage, Jan 3, 2011.

1. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

2. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

steering doesn't look anywhere near realistic. Dunno if you've ever driven a kart before but that dude should've been doing 360s with the amount the wheel was turning :lol:

3. OP
    OP
    AussieSausage

i've been in a car with my father when i was little, but cant remember jack shit from then

its still fun but i reckon

4. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

i raced them for 7 years. I can tell you it doesn't look much like the real thing

the kart racing in GT5 is pretty good, except for the ridiculously overstated slipstream & the tracks are far too wide

5. poguemahone

poguemahone Member

The verdict from a lot of the guys with karting experience on the iRacing forum was that it is pretty decent. There was a 10 page thread about it.

6. OP
    OP
    AussieSausage

thats where i got it :D

7. Coopz

Coopz Member

Looks good, I love karts will check it out. The Kart mods for rFactor never had the right feel.

8. Coopz

Coopz Member

I just downloaded it, its great fun, managed a 46.00 dead on the beta track.

9. portstevo

portstevo Member

44.009 is my best. You have to be super smooth, the guy in the video posted at the top of the thread is a horrible driver.

Haven't touched this for a while (played a bit when it was first released) but it is best to limit your degrees of rotation. I had mine set at 180 deg.

It feels pretty close to a real kart, well, as close as you can get without simulating G forces and body positioning.

10. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

I used to race 100cc go karts in the mid 90's as a kid. They're slot more sophisticated now days. with push start electric motors and radiators. Anyway, I agree with NismoR31, steering is way not sensitive enough. I also found the acceleration and sheer speed of the game way too fast. Those can be tweaked i'm sure,but besides those small things I first noticed it looks like a great solid game. It just now needs a Linux option :tongue:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  11. lithos

lithos Member

It better not have spiky shells.

12. portstevo

portstevo Member

Limit the rotation of the wheel and/or change the steering ratio in the setup :thumbup:

Also remember that these karts are faster then the ones you used to race so they will accelerate faster and have a higher top speed.