Kayls Xtreme Journey

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by kayl, Jan 12, 2005.

1. AussieJester

AussieJester Member

Bummer there mate, caught the department of consumer affairs fella on the News during the week he said ~800 people have been affected by Nintek's receivership and its not likely they will see a cent of their money refunded... Had heard too many bad stories of peoples dealing with Nintek to ever even consider buying anything from them myself.

2. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

hey chainbolt, basically nintek is an online shop for PC parts, i just had 2x V2000 cases on order from them at $735.
    So far they are up to 75k, but the company thats dealing with it says its over that. theres some info on it here
    http://nintekscrewedus.blogspot.com/2007_12_30_archive.html

IT bad news hey, nintek been trading records are really bad. We each got a copy. :(
    I wont be getting any money.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  3. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

Vapour LS mod, replaced the flex line with a kayl evap and the new 1366 mounting kit. This unit has the basic on off switch and no controller. Instead i installed a k-type temperature probe. Unit did -20c at 260w -28c at 240w and idle 60w @-38c

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  4. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

Nice... for 1366 mounts, maybe make 2 plate adaptor for existing kayl mount/775 blocks ?

Just something as simple as 2 plates which have 1366 mount holes, but attach to existing 775/universal mount holes ?? If you know what I mean ? :)

5. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

new plates have the 1366, 775, AMD2 holes ;)
    i decieded not to add the rest like with the old mounts, i asume ppl wont bother using the coolers on the older cpus not mentioned :D
    you up quiet late tonight george, its like midnight here in perth must be 2-3am other there in Brisbane :lol: night mate

6. eva2000

normal work hours :D

7. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

New copper tubes, 1.9kg in weight.
    Little Australian icon for the cold transfer, something original ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Hens

Hens Member

looking mighty sexy :thumbup:

9. 192.168.0.1

192.168.0.1 Member

southern cross for the win!

thanks for the heads up kayl i have the money now, so it will be coming ur way soon. Again love your work!

10. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

thanxs guys

192.168.0.1 i though the southern cross would be a good icon for an australian made pot :D the holes go almost all the way down to the bottom of the tube to transfer the heat :thumbup:

11. sympozium

sympozium Member

haha go the southern cross, who knows it might proove to be the most efficient pattern, if it is, screw the northern hemisphere :p

12. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

thanxs sympozium, on the 25th ill be giving it a test run at the RF lan here in perth, cant wait ;)

13. sympozium

sympozium Member

damn wish i could make it just for that, screw the lan games, i want to see a new kayl unit in action, since i dont have the money for one :p

14. ford ftw

ford ftw Member

Southern cross is awesome nice work kayl.:thumbup:

15. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

thanxs ford ftw

New little project, some new rotary compressors arrived today 1.5 - 2hp, will start off with a 2hp unit single head on the cpu, see how cold it can get load on the i7 950. The picture doesnt really show just how big the compressor is, but its massive :weirdo:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  16. CHemical.

CHemical. New Member

Great work mate :thumbup:

Did those babes know much about there pc lol?

17. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

thanxs CHemical, nar i dont think so, bet they couldnt wait for the event to finish and get out of there heheeh

Benching tonight was getting around -60c idle -55c 3dmark benching and -50c wprime.
    not too bad. No cases for a while though little low on $$ :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  18. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Member

nice new compressor and temps dude :)

when ya say starting off, what else you adding to this project? ..is it for client, forsale or urz ?
    whats the difference with rotary compressors anyway ? (is it louder but lower temps?) :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  19. OP
    OP
    kayl

kayl Member

thanxs mate

When I say starting off, I mean only just finished building it the other night now im fine tuning the system. Never used a compressor this big before on a single stage so its different to what im use to and needs fine tuning. These are the coldest temps so far. I can run colder I have found but as a result the compressor overheats after 2hrs of benching. So will have to add more refrigerant which results warmer temps.
    Next I will be fine tunning the metering device to adjust the gass flow in the system.
    It’s a little restrictive at the moment I have found. Away for a week for work, when I get back will get into the fine tuning hehe cant wait.
    When it comes to designing the case I will be adding two fans in the side of the case to directly cool the compressor as the rotary compressors run hot between 100c - 110c. at 125c the internal thermal cutout kicks in and cuts the power to the compressor so it doesn’t overheat. All compressors have this feature.

THis unit is just research for future units. From this build I will know the required dimensions to make its case etc.
    I have also been considering if I should design the case in such a way that the pc power supply can be installed in the back of the coolers case to aid the open case 3dmark benchers that don’t use pc cases. This way the motherboard will rest on the top side of the cooler case to aid those that want to bench sub zero on the graphics cards. This isn’t a 24/7 style cooler more the extreme bencher heheeh.
    Be nice to see 3 heads at – 45 to -50c load benching 3dmark at 5ghz and 2x GTX295s at what every crazy clocks they can reach at these temps

20. eva2000

100-110C compressor temps :eek: how much cooler are they with 2x fans cooling them ?