1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIN10] KB4023057 knocked out my Bluetooth...

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by oclockforlyfe, Feb 19, 2022.

1. oclockforlyfe

oclockforlyfe Member

Hi all. :)

As can be seen in the pic, KB4023057 was installed yesterday (18/2/22). Last night I shut down my laptop and when I turned it on this morning, both my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stopped working. Bluetooth no longer appears in the device manager. I can only assume it was the Windows update yesterday that caused the Bluetooth failure today.

From the same pic, I click on 'uninstall updates', but this update number doesn't appear in the list of updates for me to uninstall. I can't roll back to a previous build of Windows 10 because my PC was updated more than 10 days ago.

30 minutes of googling hasn't yielded any solutions. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. :)

KB4023057 update.JPG

2. OP
    OP
    oclockforlyfe

oclockforlyfe Member

Maybe the update did not knock out my Bluetooth after all.

Just found the solution here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...h/fd246f79-c31c-40a2-a0a1-5660e0e07cfc?page=3

Basically, just unplug the power cable from the laptop. Shutdown completely and then restart.

"This apparently works by disconnecting the power (even residual power) from relevant chips which mean that they re-establish communications from scratch when you restart."

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022