1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

KEF Q350

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Gibbon, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Radley

Radley Member

Turns out you can! That is awesome news, thanks for that.

2. ThE_BiG_O

ThE_BiG_O Member

Even if it didn't have the pre-outs, any decent sub should have high level inputs, meaning you can connect it using speaker wires directly from your speaker terminals.

Especially when it comes to music, using pre-outs or high level inputs is always preferred over LFE output.

3. Radley

Radley Member

Sorry to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a decent sub to go with my Klipsch's? I have a little KEF sub which I'm tempted to put in my room and get a better one for the HT room.

4. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Any of the REL or SVS probably?

5. Steak Face

Steak Face Member

I have a Velodyne sub and highly recommend. They aren't cheap but they are worth it. I have this one and it's more than adequate for my room (roughly 12m2), it's amazing for it's size. I paid $999 a few years ago.

https://www.pacifichifi.com.au/products/velodyne-8”-subwoofer-spl800i-miniv

6. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

At one time Velodyne Sub's where considered the duck's nut in subwoofers, And yes they are expansive, But you only get what you pay for.

Then the cheaper budget lines of SVS, came along, and people flocked to them, thinking there are as good as Velodyne. But very few considered the SVS PB16 series, which compared in price to Velodyne

7. Steak Face

Steak Face Member

I had never heard of them until I got one. I actually bought a B&W sub and once I got it home I thought it was crap. So I took it back and the guy recommended Velodyn, I was skeptical as I wasn't familiar with them. And as the B&W was $700 I had to step up in price, but I am totally glad I did, it is so much better..... and sounds so good for 'only' 8", I can only imagine their bigger ones.