Kids Games

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by CyberstormL45, Jul 17, 2017.

1. CyberstormL45

CyberstormL45 Member

2. power

power Member

3. OP
    OP
    CyberstormL45

CyberstormL45 Member

Lol south park is in the search results

Cheers Power ill have a look at those

4. power

power Member

kiddies gotta learn to swear so give them a good example :)

5. OP
    OP
    CyberstormL45

CyberstormL45 Member

I have 2 girls 2 and 5 they swear already!

6. Sledge

Sledge Member

Wonder where they get it from.....

7. Amran

Amran Member

My 5yo girl likes Theme Hospital but it's more like her watching me play it. She's picking it up slowly though. Any of those sandbox, non violent games would be good. Kind of like a puzzle where they can build/create stuff. I've found a lot of games written just for kids are often poorly done.

Maybe the neighbors swear, maybe they heard someone in public, maybe there's a potty mouth kid at pre-school. Why don't you pull your head in and stop armchair judging other people's parenting from the other side of the country.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  8. power

power Member

Kids love Minecraft too.

9. OP
    OP
    CyberstormL45

CyberstormL45 Member

Ill say its probably from us but we do explain its not ok. We dont hear it alot

10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  11. to4garret

to4garret Member

If you haven't already, make sure you get kids sized keyboards & mice - it made a massive difference to my two once i got them something more suitable for their little hands.

With my Kids (B4 & G6) i've kept the majority of the educational games on the iPads - mainly Toca Boca and Math games as they dont need to focus so much on "Using" the device and can apply that attention to the game/task.

With PC's i haven't worried about anything too educational just yet, but focused on mouse control & using the keyboard.

For the Mouse, I just put them into MSPaint and gave them a quick lesson and off they went.

For the Keyboard, into Minecraft - they just ran straight for a few hours but now after about 8 hours of playing and 4 months the eldest is building her own houses and doing some of the basic crafting recipes.

I have found the Lego games on steam are great as if you have two controllers you can play along with your kid (doing the puzzles) while they learn about the controls. Same thing as above with the keyboard & mice sizing though - the xbox controllers are just a bit big.

12. OP
    OP
    CyberstormL45

CyberstormL45 Member

So I currently have my daughter on some old living book games, got her a small mouse for her hand. playing Arthurs teacher trouble atm

Played through Teddy Floppy Ear, basic point click games.

Anyone got other suggestions? even old game like the living books

13. ZXR

ZXR Member

My almost 4 and 6 year old girls love Minecraft. The 6YO controls the mouse/keyboard while they both discuss what to build and where to go. The 4YO hasn't got the mouse/keyboard coordination thing down yet.

I've also setup a bunch of NES/SNES/Sega games on a Raspberry Pi which they love to play. Pocahontas on the Sega is a favourite at the moment.

Finally, they've got their cheapo $100 tablets for some simple android gaming. I mostly keep that to puzzle games and learning games (tracing letters, adding numbers, etc...).

14. Duff Man

Duff Man Member

Roblox... My six and eight year olds love this at the moment. Minecraft is number two at present.