Killing Floor 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by EuroSlave, May 9, 2014.

1. theone333

theone333 Member

does the game feel too dark for anyone?
    even turn up the gamma it feels im in a viel of darkness. the blacks are really black and definition is lost. especially when underground(understandable), but even on the ground levels of paris and many of the open places around biotics lab it just feels too dark. this is before blowing out the lighting.

i have an amd 7860.

havnt checked if there are updated drivers, but i think they were dated december.

still trying to get a hang of it. the gunplay feels different to kf1. feels like im always running out of ammo and reloading.

2. sanousie

sanousie Member

Played about 2 hours worth, and all i have to say, im addicted, Will be going back for some more after a break, played as berserker, still at lvl1, but man its a great bloody game, the gore is fantastic, the graphics are great (everythign on ultra) and it does support 120fps, was getting 100 - 121 fps constant, with only a couple dips down to 95 fps, but everything remained smooth on a 980gtx and 3960x at 4.875ghz.

I recommend this game to zombie killing fans, well worth the 40 dollars i payed.

@theone333 , everything is fine on here, no dark issues, have the latest nvidia drivers installed, you might need to update your video cards drivers, Make sure you use a driver cleaner of some sort after uninstalling before updating the graphics drivers.

3. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Have local / Australian servers been setup?

4. sanousie

sanousie Member

Yep, there are a lot, and they are all full now atm, played another 3 hours, upto lvl4 berserker, gameplay is a big difference to kf.

5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

yeah that's what i was afraid of. if that's the case i'll wait for the hype/congestion to ease. i'm still finishing off story in defiance.

6. Kyorisu

Kyorisu Member

Do not buy EA titles and I'd advise to stay far away from Tripwire too after how scummy they've proven to be over recent years.

7. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Yeah, I threw up 3 servers the other day because John asked nicely, wish I could do more for him I like Tripwire.

8. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

I have a home hosted server, if anyone wants to play on uncommon game types (suicidal/long for example), let me know and I can change it. You can connect to it through the console in the game with:

open horzine.noip.me

9. theone333

theone333 Member

i still have 2 copies from the 6pack i want to get rid of at cost. if anyone is interested. iv posted in the non-pc forum. saves you about 5aud instead of buying from steam single. (cant believe they arnt gone already wtf ocau)

edit: my darkness issue is ok now- was running on default medium video settings, which had 'ambient occlusion" off. turned that on and its ok now..phew!
    edit: the long/10 round matches seem to drag on a bit. or is it just me?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

If you're talking about KF2, please reserve one for me. Cheers.

11. trevor68

trevor68 Member

open ports in your router and people should see it in browser, though tbh Tripwire aren't recommending running a listen server right now and are saying to use the dedicated server. Though I guess you know that.

12. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

Yeah, it's a dedicated server hosted on my htpc with all ports opened. I figured it'd be easier for people to locate with a name :)

13. Domokun

Domokun Member

Solid game. I'm hoping there will be additional content and customisation, as currently it's lacking (which is to be expected with early access games). Apart from that, I can't really fault it, it's good mindless fun.

14. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Seems more than enough servers, definitely a fun game.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Better than first game eh?

16. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Why this instead of left for dead?

17. remlableinad

remlableinad Member

i was thinking this exactly, just better graphs and similar gameplay

18. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

They're not particularly similar aside from both featuring zombie styled creatures.

KF is more sandbox wave survival gameplay. The game throws you and a bunch of teammates into a map and tells you to survive for X waves which increase in difficulty as they introduce tougher monsters. The end goal, I suppose, is to complete all the maps on the hardest difficulty (probably makes Dark Souls look like a walk in the park).

I've played both KF1 and L4D1/2 and I find KF's sandbox gameplay a lot more appealing from a replayability perspective.

19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

this is better than left 4 dead for replay value. ;)

in l4d its a mad dash to get from A->B with infinite spawns of undead that feel like paper targets rather than corpses.

this is point defense and/or zed hunting party until boss wave. :D

when the game releases i hope they allow mutators i always liked maps will more scrakes/fleshpounds.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  20. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

I would love a map the size of a city though... GTA killing of zombies, and the idea is to survive as long as you can, kill 1 zombie, another spawns randomly on the map... and over time, the ratio of killed to spawned increases so it starts off at 1:1, then after an hour 1:2 ect ;)