Killzone graphics (PS4 title)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Feb 23, 2013.

1. kreegor

kreegor Member

The thing about consoles is that games can be better optimised for them because the hardware is always the same. I think the devs can perform some very clever tricks with modern day games to make them look even half decent on a current console but it gets to a point where no amount of tweaking is going to be good enough (AC 3 for example).

I'm hoping that with the PS4 being the most 'PC' like console it will mean games can be better optimised for the PC and we get less terrible, lazy console ports. I won't be holding my breathe though.

2. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Not hard to believe tbh. The next gen consoles have amd's latest cores as well as a gpu similar to a 7850 iirc.

Both this and crisis 3 just look like dev's are finally using proper sized textures and models - as well as using effects correctly for once. Not particularly special in the face of user created content imo.

3. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

All systems are complimentary anyway. While the PC is technically superior I will still have a console to compliment my gaming because there will always be games I will want to play that will not be on PC.

People are idiots if they choose to align yourself to one set of hardware as you just end up missing out.

4. kreegor

kreegor Member

Well.... yes and no. I don't think I'm an idiot for just gaming on PC, much the same as I don't think people who are exclusively console gamers are idiots. If a game isn't out on PC then, yes I miss out but it's not the end of the world for me. There are plenty of games on PC that I can play and that I enjoy given the limited time/money I have for gaming. Why should I fork out for a PC, an Xbox and a PS when I can just get a PC (or substitute preferred platform) and take a hit on certain games?

I actually think the publishers/dev's are idiots for not making their game available on a wider array of systems.

5. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I agree whole-heartedly on the last part but I guess my comment is more targeted at the 'ewww PC/PS3/xbox' brigade who just can't bring themselves to use another platform due to some stupid idea that they'll catch some terrible disease.

6. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

Can you play with a mouse and keyboard on most consoles? Having to use a retarded joystick is the sole reason I don't like consoles, great games, love the concept of a games only machine but I just cannot get used to the controllers as it just feels inferior, to top it off I also have no practice so I find it extremely frustrating, it is almost like someone has chopped one of your hands off.

7. kreegor

kreegor Member

Ah yep, I agree with that.

I think you can get adapters that allow for keyboard and mouse on the PS3 but I don't think it has native support. For an fps I agree but for some games such as 3rd person hack n slash or beat em ups etc a controller is fantastic! I have been playing Assassin's Creed on my PC and I much prefer using the controller in that game.

8. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

fuck the graphics and bring back games with storylines that can fit on more than a page. Haven't we had enough GenericSequel 4?

9. AMD64

AMD64 Member

2 Different people have played the game, live, one on TV and the other at the conference, what more do you need?.

Its not pre-rendered.