KOGAN 27" CURVED QHD 144HZ FREESYNC

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by 2_stroke, May 31, 2019.

1. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

2. CrazyDez

CrazyDez Member

3. OP
    OP
    2_stroke

2_stroke Member

4. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Curious to see results and feedback for the monitor.

5. OP
    OP
    2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Me to look it’s a dam cheap monitor for the price, if it lives up to it’s specs and works with gsync I’ll be happy as hell. Will post back results for others and what else I can dig up, says it will be sent out on the 3rd of June. I’ll grab a display port cable this weekend which is needed for gsync so it’s ready to go. I will see if there is a display driver about for icc profile ect also.

Its sold under the name VIOTEK GN27D 27" also. Some reviews on newegg look really positive with adaptive sync working perfect with nvidia drivers and gsync. https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16824736004?reviews=all The model was also sold at walmart. There is a thread on whirlpool also but with next to no info, looks like it comes with a DP cable also

After much searching around its seems to be a B grade Samsung C27JG50 hopefully i can use the icn profile will test also extracted from the download at https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LC27JG50QQUXEN/ using winrar.
    :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    DangerMaus likes this.
  6. nope

nope Member

Yall keep saying muh b grade but mine hasnt had a single issue no flashing or other weird stuff no dead pixels

7. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

It's in reference to using a Samsung panel that didn't meet Samsung's QA testing I guess. Speaking of which the Samsung monitor that seems to use the same panel can be found cheaper than this one with current EOFY sales.

8. OP
    OP
    2_stroke

2_stroke Member

That sums it up, most people have 1 dead/stuck pixel and there pixel policy is 2 max this is from reviews.
    https://help.kogan.com/hc/en-us/art...or-LED-TVs-Monitors-and-Digital-Photo-Frames-

9. nope

nope Member

i cant see anything wrong with mine tho even freesync works perfectly

10. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I have the same monitor. I didn't go through Kogan however, I got it through Alibaba (where Kogan source their monitors). Exactly the same design, minus the Kogan logo on the front. I just successfully installed the Samsung drivers, so thankyou for that link. I have had issues with G-Sync. Tried the various work arounds with CRU, but no avail.
    OP - let me know how you go.

nope likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Will do, the Samsung doesn’t have FreeSync it’s done with the Kogan with an added adaptive sync module just to let you know. You’re monitor may not have the module, I will test tonight when I get home because it only got to my place at 5:30pm lol

the_antipop likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Well its not being picked up by mine as well, will have a play with it on the weekend :( On the good side zero dead stuck pixels, 144hz and 2k plus a very nice panel XD. I will keep reading into the gsync issue and see what i come up with, I will also try freesync when i can get my hands on an AMD gpu, google google google lol

13. nope

nope Member

weird how gsync (freesync) works perfectly on mine
    exchange them for it maybe?

14. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

So does your monitor have a Freesync option? Are you able to enable G-Sync compatibility? Mine effectively works, Black Ops 4 and Apex Legends work fairly well, but when I go into Battlefield V, artefacting is everywhere - it's hardly playable. Are you in a similar situation? Weirdly, the G-Sync Pendulum demo lists that G-Sync is functional, and I get no artefacting during that demo...

EDIT: I believe installing those Samsung Drivers changed the monitor's name, and also added Samsung's Colour settings. No real difference in the G-Sync compatibility.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  15. OP
    OP
    2_stroke

2_stroke Member

Yer it has FreeSync but it’s not being detected to enable in nvidia drivers. It should work I will change the dp cable around to another dp out on my rtx 2070 and see. There are people doing it on the gn27d so hopefully I get it working, people are saying under 48fps there getting issues though and using your cru can help a bit, have you checked your FPS and when it’s happening?

16. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I reckon that under the 48fps might be my issue. Got a thread?