Kogan 27" IPS 2560x1440 QHD Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Snowblindnz, Dec 12, 2012.

1. pinchies

pinchies Member

Mine arrived today - no backlight bleed, no dead pixels - woot!
    Disadvantage is cant remove stand 'stalk' without opening case and voiding warranty - you can only remove the base plate.
    So far really happy, using over mini-dp to dp cable, which is included in the box.

:thumbup:

PS use the KGNVISA10 discount coupon for 10% off

2. redslert

redslert Member

I'm still using the 2403fpw everyday in work office which is 10yrs next year.

3. Asako

Asako Member

I have a 2407 which is about five years old now. A bit of backlight bleed has me vaguely looking at new monitors, but I find it hard to want anything Kogan. I find their bezels pretty ugly.

4. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

So any reviews on these yet? Anyone managed to get their hands on one yet?

5. oh_noes

oh_noes Member

So it's not VESA compliant?

6. Sledge

Sledge Member

Specs say it is..

7. pinchies

pinchies Member

It is VESA compliant (mine is on a VESA desk mount stand) .... but the stalk is always there, and you can't remove it without opening and voiding warranty! :confused:

As for picture quality, I am very, very happy.

8. leithals

leithals Member

I just joined this party. Mine is currently on the way, shipping as of today. Reason I chose this over others (E-Bay, Dell, etc) was a combination of features, price point, and warranty (local). Dell's warranty would be better, certainly the corporate warranty is second to none. The private/personal use warranty may not be so good. And the Dell is too pricey for me, no matter how good the warranty. My understanding is the most of the e-bay displays use the same LG panel as this does, making the only difference a local warranty. In my experience electronics die in the first year, or not at all. And I figured if it dies after a year so be it.

I'll let you know the in's and out's when I get it.

9. leithals

leithals Member

Ok it's just arrived and first impressions are that is is huge, but the screen is beautiful. Then of course I found a dead pixel top right corner about half a cm from the edge. Annoyance, then acceptance. I won't even see that really.

Stand seems great and is fully adjustable, tilt/rotate/height. The height can be adjusted from 49cm to 62cm (at the top of the screen). When at the lowest position the screen is 8cm off the desk. It also does landscape.

Connections are full size Displayport, HDMI, VGA and DVI/D. There's also a sound input and obviously power. Never ever going to use the speakers so don't ask. It is packaged with a DVI/D lead, VGA and full DP to mini DP cable. The last one interests me, do GPU's still come with mini DP?

Oh one small point, you probably aren't going to be able to smuggle this past you wife, best to let her know before you bring it home :)

So far i'm really stoked with this, will see how it handles gaming tonight.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  10. power

power Member

did these things just come down to $439?

11. leithals

leithals Member

Actually when I first saw them they were $399. or $379. Can't remember which. $439 still seemed fair to me.

12. leithals

leithals Member

Just an update. BF3 played like a dream last night. Over 60 fps at full resolution and with most things cranked up (not sure about AA). It was using close to 2 GB of VRam though.

Farcry 3 was down at about 40fps, but I didn't notice any lag or anything.

All in all I would recommend this especially for people wanting a 27" or bigger, but are undecided about 1080 v 1440. The extra resolution makes a huge difference on this monition.

Enjoy :thumbup:

13. pinchies

pinchies Member

Sounds awesome! I think they have changed the stand they use, mine is definitely not that good!

14. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

If you're going to game on one of these panels, checkout a program called 'flawlesswidescreen'. I think its more made for getting games working properly on multiple monitor set ups, but it works great with most games I've tried, at fixing up games that just want to stretch out to the wider res. I have one of the Dell ones.

15. combatant3219

combatant3219 Member

Leithals, would you mind trying a few games at 1080p on the monitor?

I'm curious to see if there's any lag with the scaling. Im really interested in one of these but would be nice to have the option of going down to 1080p if im not happy with a games performance at 1440p.

I'll be using a gtx 780 and have spent the last week deliberating whether to go 1080p or 1440p on a 27". Lol

Thanks!

16. FiShy

FiShy Member

People still use 1080P?

17. TamTam79

TamTam79 Member

I do. Shocking it must be to some.

18. leithals

leithals Member

GTX 780 will eat up current games at 2560x1440. Farcry 3 is the worst I have seen so far and that was still smooth to my eyes at high settings. I'll try and be a bit more scientific about it tonight and include exactly what settings the games are on.

Oh and the screen is Gloss. I know a lot of people don't really like that, but for me it's fine.

19. combatant3219

combatant3219 Member

Thanks mate, that would be great!

Also would you mind trying to run a couple games at 1080p scaled to use the full screen and tell me how you go as far as performance & image quality?

Thanks!

20. ALEXH-

ALEXH- Member

120hz, yes. Problem?