Kogan 27" IPS 2560x1440 QHD Monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Snowblindnz, Dec 12, 2012.

1. leithals

leithals Member

They probably posted under the Dell thread, this is the Kogan 27" thread. How about we keep things on subject.

Thanks

2. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Does anyone have some longer term feedback on the Kogan 27" monitor?

I'm looking to upgrade from an older 24" 1920x1200 monitor. Hoping for something from an Australian retailer for under $500.

Wish I could get a 2560×1600 27" for that much... :p

3. pinchies

pinchies Member

Still :thumbup::thumbup: from me. Wish I had waited to get the one with the removable stand arm - mine has this plastic stalk sticking out out of it as it sits on my LCD desk arm because it is the earlier style.
    Other things of note:
    • Speakers are worse than terrible - its not that they are soft, they sound worse than earbuds down a paper cone.
    • The colour is ace.
    • Brightness is waaay too much - I use mine on like 12 or 10 % for comfort.
    • Dont skimp on a desk stand - the cheaper smaller ones are no good for this size LCD.

Otherwise... [​IMG]

4. leithals

leithals Member

Love mine, absolutely no complaints. Turned it on and away I went. However I don't use the speakers (if it has any), and it does have one dead pixel as mentioned previously.

Totally recommend, oh but I bought a GTX780 to drive the thing, it's amazing :)

5. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Thanks!

I'd have bought it already, if Kogan didn't change their prices weekly... Seems silly to pay $439 when it was $399 last week.

6. xplod140

xplod140 Member

$399 was the pre-order price which was there for over a month. It's hardly a gouge when you don't have to wait for it anymore.

I bailed and got a Dell 2711 a few weeks ago on the forums. I don't think it's as good as my 2405FPW that is 7 years old, but the real estate makes up for the 'sparkle' effect and not being able to look at it with my polarised sunnies on.

Everyone at work is jelly and has to suck on the 20 inch monitors supplied by the biz.

7. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

It was $399 a week and a half ago, and is currently a pre-order (expected to be shipped towards the end of this month).

At $439 plus $20 shipping plus $70 to bring it up to 3 years warranty it makes the Dell 27" $559ish special quite appealing if they do it again (seems to be once a month).

8. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Just a heads up this is currently $399 with free shipping.

Edit: Bought one, very happy so far. Build quality is far better than I was expecting from the reviews.

The only thing I don't like is the font printed on the front bezel for the OSD controls... :lol:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  9. Fouler

Fouler Member

Just wondering if those that have bought the Kogan have been happy with it?

Particularly from a gaming point of view.

10. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Been using one for a week or so.

Only really played COD:BO2 so far but I'm happy with the performance - despite only being 60Hz. I can't notice any blurring or anything.

11. leithals

leithals Member

Playing mainly BF4. I'm in love with it. Unfortunately it doesn't make me a better player, however I look fantastic as I die :)

12. Punch Bunny

Punch Bunny Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought that I would add some input into the topic of the Kogan 27" IPS display.

I was very impressed with my model, which I purchased in March 2013. It replaced a 24" Dell 2407WFP, which was relegated to running as a second display in portrait mode. The Kogan 27" display is very crisp in comparison to the old Dell, and it's been a delight to use.

Unfortunately, mine now has a bright shimmering pink and yellow vertical line (with a width of about 20% of the display) that appears once the monitor has been on for a little while, which renders the display basically useless. The display is no longer covered by warranty and Kogan are not interested in repairing it (even at my expense).

I guess the monitor was at the cheaper end of the spectrum, but I've never had a monitor fail me before, especially not one well under 3 years old. I still have monitors well over 10 years old that are left turned on 24/7 and haven't failed.

Oh well, back to the old Dell.