Kogan Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Andres, Apr 14, 2011.

1. khoile

khoile Member

Also removed bluetooth...

2. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

dam thank god i came back here to check the link again, so im another one not buying 2 of those tabs, nor the netbook, although im told their netbook is still a pretty decent machine, but im not going there now, will wait for my gateway to get back and look at other options for another netbook, like the gigabyte one.

3. Mau1wurf1977

Mau1wurf1977 (Banned or Deleted)

Well, apart from the touchpad, I can vouch for the Gigabyte. Having found replacement batteries on ebay (AUD 50 shipped) and AC adapter (AUD 20 shipped), I'm now very happy.

The SU4100 Pentium Dual Core is a very capable CPU. Around 20% faster compared to the CPU in the Kogan unit (higher clock and 50% more cache).

4. Nafe

Nafe Member

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

5. Raolin

Raolin Member

To hell with it... I'm in!

Have been looking for a cheap android tablet with reasonable specs and a chance at a warranty if it dies early.

If it plays Angry Birds, it'll do to keep the girlfriend from constantly draining my phone's battery :thumbup:

6. z2177199

z2177199 Member

how is this bogan droid compare to optus mytab zte at 149? I am amazed that ppl jumped up/down to a bogan droid despite all the bogan bashing threads in whirlpool :

7. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

The cheap tablet dream has been shattered :upset:.

8. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Dude.. Did you not read all the pre-release specs?

9. Goobers

Goobers Member

For those who havent received the email yet.

Order cancelled.

10. OP
    OP
    Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Screen resolution drop is incredibly disappointing...

Thats a worse resolution than many ~4" mobile phones!

11. chook

chook Member

I got that email about 3 minutes after my request for a written guarantee the originally specified device would be supplied.

Don't cancel just yet. I am still discussing their obligations with them. If I am successful I will let you know.

12. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

Hopefully everyone will cancel their order, with the result that Kogan will realise that a higher-resolution screen is probably worth having even if the price goes up a bit.

It's not a "slight" change in resolution, as Kogan called it. 1024x600 is 60% more pixels than 800x480.

13. Nafe

Nafe Member

Cancelled my order now.

14. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Hahah.. Theyll just wriggle out of it with some condition.. Here's hoping that a good majority cancel and that they're now stuck with a number of units they can't move..

15. chook

chook Member

The condition that they will try to use is 5.1 which says they can change the specifications at any time however as changing the specification changes the root of the contract this will likely be an unenforcable condition. All their other conditions will still apply but that one will be void. Most terms and conditions have these types of clauses in them because the bulk of people will either:

a) read them and give up; or
    b) have them quoted at them and give up.

That mitigates the losses/risk in a lot of situations like this one so that the small percentage who push the issue and cost the company money are well offset by the number that walk away.

I have nothing to lose and up to 7 days after delivery to get a refund so there is no point in knee jerk reacting and cancelling before exhausting all avenues.

16. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

I realise this, and normally I'd push for it too.. However, what is the likeliness that they'll keep the 1024 screen? Would they actually change the production run for a handful of people? Compensation? Hardly.. I'd rather have my money back and move on.. It could draw on for months..

17. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

Definitely not. But if it becomes clear that a lot of people aren't happy with 800x480 then they might release a "Pro" model with a 1024x600 or 1366x768 screen.

18. chook

chook Member

Unlikely they would change the product run but they may have to source and supply one that meets the minimum specifications they originally posted at no extra cost. I can understand you not wanting to mess around with it and being happy to move on but I am also just as happy to send a few emails back and forward.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  19. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

And for the same price? I was all for this, but i wouldn't pay over $200 for one.. not when honeycomb models are just around the corner (which will require updated hardware specs, thats if its a legit honeycomb model)..

20. one4spl

one4spl Member

I am disappoint. Galaxy Tab for $299 it is.