1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

[PROJECT] Komm's Scalextric set up! Scenery update - Post #85 Page 6

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Kommandant33, Apr 3, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

2. OP
    OP
    Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

I picked up a little light box off Ebay to take some better pics of my cars - it turns out the one I got was a bit too small, at around 20cm wide - so I have just ordered a 40cm wide one. The pics are OK, but the LEDs really do need to be diffused or something.

I also bought a rotating model display that I will make a little round diarama on to place the cars on for photos - but only when I can!

Photo 23-5-19, 14 31 07.jpg Photo 23-5-19, 16 50 30.jpg Photo 23-5-19, 16 50 58.jpg Photo 23-5-19, 16 51 27.jpg Photo 23-5-19, 17 05 55.jpg Photo 23-5-19, 17 08 07.jpg View attachment 8981

Attached Files:

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  3. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

So how is being bankrupt?

*He says after spending far too much on similar stuff recently*

but also... HNNNNGGGGGGG want I want those cars.

Also regarding the custom sleeving, did you end up sorting it? If not I might be able to help if you want to make them yourself, its a pretty easier solder/sleve job if I remember, just +/- and a couple of screws.

Or did you just change over to ARC Digital.. (which I would suggest, purely for the wireless.. This makes playing so much EASIER! Just sit where ever you want. Never have to worry about them tangled etc)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  4. OP
    OP
    Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

I haven't sorted the cables yet! I think they would be pretty simple to make.

Not interested in the ARC PRO at this stage - as my set up uses the advanced power base with a computer for lap timing and etc, and then pit lane sensors - wireless could be good, but as it's a permanent set up, not totally necessary.

Now the weather is warming up, I should be having a few more racing days - we can get a pretty good crowd, and the software I use tracks points and best lap times - so it gets very competitive

https://www.instagram.com/tulip_raceway/?hl=en

5. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

6. OP
    OP
    Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Sorry for the lack of updates!

The track has gone basically without change for the past few months - we had been racing a fair bit, with a few race days with some friends - but weather, work etc has sort of gotten in the way.

With the downtime we are experiencing (for some reason or another), I was planning on re-doing the scenery on the track. I have bought a static grass applicator, a variety of paints, 10kg of sculpt-a-mold, plaster of paris for making rock faces.
    That being said, due to some reason or another, the post hasn't arrived before the long weekend - so I will probably have to wait until next weekend to start.

At least this weekend I can solder in some power taps.

I am out in the garage at the moment, and I will try and take some pics of any progress i make!

Here are all the slot cars I haven't got space for at the moment:

Click to view full size!

FIREWIRE1394 and mad_mic3 like this.
  7. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Looking forward to the scenery updates!

Find a space for them! lots of free shelves on gumtree!