Kookaburra

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by fr33lanc3r, Mar 16, 2011.

1. fr33lanc3r

fr33lanc3r Member

Was greeted this afternoon by this little guy was quite happy that I just happened to have the camera in my hand and got off the shot before he flew away. Please CC

[​IMG]

2. FOTW

FOTW Member

Nice shot, crisp on the eye. Some of the feathers are burnt out see if you could recover some detail by playing around with levels in PS or recovery in lightroom. Also I would crop out the sky just leave a small bit above his head.

Either way a nice study :thumbup:

3. NigeMar

NigeMar Member

Good work, I really like the captured details in the feather.

My only complaint is its a little dark compared to the rest of the photo. You could lighten it up a little with the curves tool.

Otherwise I really like it.

4. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

echoing others, just pull back a bit of detail in the feathers and crop out the superfluous sky :thumbup: so awesome that he came down to that railing! what did you shoot this with? i guess he was fed up with sitting in the ol' gumtree, and despite the fact that he is the undisputed reigning monarch of the bush areas, he still wanted to venture further a field. i suspect that his life could be described as quite gay.

great shot :thumbup:

5. adz

adz Member

Can't see any burnt out feathers myself and if they are there, they certainly aren't distracting in any way...but meh...what do I know?

Only thing I would have liked to have seen is a little more detail in the eye and perhaps a catch light, a little fill flash would have really made a difference here.

6. lothloriel

lothloriel Member

Good stuff:thumbup:

7. Vrm

Vrm Member

Nice closeup with detail.
    As others have mentioned, need a little more exposure on the subject, esp the head.

8. 5p1k3y

5p1k3y Member

nice one, great detail just abit dark.