Krispy Kreme for Adelaide!

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by MR CHILLED, Jun 19, 2013.

1. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I would have thought the city would have been the place to be actually. Obviously had good designs based on a drive through rather.

2. Trevorrex

Trevorrex Member

I understand the value of a 24hr McDonalds. But a 24hr donut store? Er, no. Not America.

3. lench

lench Member

i'll admit it was great when it first came out. we'd all pile into our cars and drive out to penrith panthers on a friday night to hang out and watch "MaccaNats" in the carpark. good times :thumbup:
    these days? its just not the same since it became freely available just about everywhere :(

4. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Have to admit I had similar thoughts when I first heard....I had to double check....a 24hr drive through for donuts? huh?

Never once heard anyone at a party say....."man I've got the muchies for donuts!" at 3am. Maccas/HJ's yes, but not donuts.

But I guess they've done their research.

5. kimnkk

kimnkk Member

Comparing fresh to fresh then way better than any of the crap that has been around like here such as Donut King/Wendys etc.

Nowadays locations aren't as widespread but they're sold at 7/11 and Safeway so most people eat them when they're days old.

What ever happened to those Fundraising cards that you could purchase a few years back?

6. Stone2x

Stone2x Member

It was useful for the first few weeks it opened in Fountain Gate (VIC) as it was so busy during normal hours you'd be queued up for hours. We went at 3am a week after it opened and still had to sit in a queue of about 10 cars. They were pretty awesome freshly cooked but I haven't been back since (2006).

7. no5isalive

no5isalive Member

Finally there will be enough room to store carry on luggage in the overhead compartment without donut cartons filling it up on flights to Adelaide.:p

Gourmet glaze in city cross (Adelaide) has always had better donuts than Krispy Kreme anyway.

8. Trevorrex

Trevorrex Member

I wonder if that was the same research that led them to opening about 20 stores over Melbourne then finding nobody gave a shit about them a couple of years later leading to the closure of all but 3 of them......

9. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

10. claf-43

claf-43 Member

This, Krispy Kreme is horribly overrated, and Gourmet Glaze leaves them for dead.

11. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Krispy Kreme are shit. I'd forgotten about them until recently, and for some strange reason I recently thought OMG HAVEN'T HAD ONE IN 3 YEARS only to then experience just how bad they actually are. Classic doughnuts are far superior.

12. zandahar

zandahar Member

I had one again at sydney airport just before xmas having not had one since they opened basically. Eh still not missing anything.

Not like Doughnut King the other day the chick accidentally set the oil too high apparently and they ended up really crunchy and she apologised and said she would cook some more but did I still want the crunchy ones. OH HELL YES was my response lol they were amazing and free. Free always makes things taste better.

13. Turnip Dude

Turnip Dude Member

The perceived allure of Krispy Kreme donus are just another expansionist technique for american corporations to influence our individual and iconoclastic lifestyle for their own profit.

Just like their TV shows, the idea that their doughnuts are better than ours is cultural imperialism, and the gullible amongst our equals allows these parasites to gain a foothold on our shores.

Australia is not and never will be the 52rd state of the USA. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

14. clonex

clonex Member

Yep and discounted half price by 4pm at 7/11

15. Eradicate'

Eradicate' Member

is it open yet?

16. Reaper

Reaper Member

Yep, I too decided to give them another go when they'd just started coming in to the beven elevens, 2012 I think it was. Meh I thought, pretty much still nothing to want to buy again any time soon. There's nothing "krispy" nor "kreme" about them. I remember when back in the 90's when they were still just corner stores, the donuts that the 711's had were the best ever. They were the nice cake type with icing. Fuck they were so good.

Oh yea, I love donut king donuts. I also do like it when they have crispy bits on them too. So good. :)

17. Eradicate'

Eradicate' Member

18. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

19. Matt P

Matt P Member

Best thing about this... No more idiots cramming the overhead compartments on my Adelaide flights with doughnuts anymore :D

20. hoonda75

hoonda75 Member

Had to laugh at the doughnut fiends camped out last night and standing there this morning in the cold and rain.