Lamb and pork Scotch rolls

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by AussieHusky, Apr 26, 2009.

1. AussieHusky

AussieHusky Member

Well, I planned to make Vincis Grassi, Beef Wellingtons, Pate, Roast chicken stuffed with pork and goosefat mince but sadly I didnt have time to go shopping! So, here is what I made with what I had.

Lamb and pork Scotch rolls

Ingredients:
    1 sheet Puff Pastry
    2 lamb chops
    1/4 pork chop
    1 onion
    tsp Honey
    1/4 Scotch
    1 clove garlic
    1cm red chili
    Taragon, Majoram, Thyme, Rosemary
    1 and a half slices of whole grain bread
    1/2tsp Brown Sugar
    1/2tbsp Butter

Step 1. Remove the fat and bones from your lambchops
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 2. Mix the honey into the Scotch in a small saucepan over a low heat until it dissolves completely, then light the scotch and keep it on the lowest heat until the flame goes out.
    [​IMG]

Step 3. Finely chop all of the herbs and thinly slice the onion. Add the butter and brown sugar to a frying pan and cook on a low heat until dissolved, then add the onions and garlic and carmelize on the lowest heat. When the onions start to dry out add 1/2 a tbsp of scotch mix into the onion and fry off, then repeat this process again. The onions should be a dark caramel brown. Add the herbs and fry them quickly, then turn off the heat.
    [​IMG]

Step 4. Toast the bread, then blend into crumbs and pour them into a mixing bowl. Add the meat into the food processor and mince it.
    [​IMG]

Step 5. Mix together the meat, remaining scotch, bread crumbs, onions and then season with salt and pepper, Use your hands to mix it thouroughly (And make a mess).

Step 6. Slice the sheet of Puff pastry in half and then divide the mix in two, roll it into a sausage shape and then lay it out on one of the half sheets, roll the pastry over and tuck in the filling with your thumbs, seal the edges and roll the sheet so that the join is on the base of the roll, press down to firm it up and spread out the mix. Repeat with the other half sheet and remaining mix.

Step 7. Slice the pastry into smaller sections (4 or 5 each) then lay them in a baking tray leaving a fair bit of space inbetween each one.
    [​IMG]

Step 8. Bake for roughly 25 minutes at 175C, you may need to turn the tray around halfway through if your oven heats unevenly (Like mine does). I love to serve mine with Capsicum and tomato sauce.
    [​IMG]

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Member

oh man they look epic!