Lamb Cutlets & herb wedges

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by RETARD, Jan 22, 2011.

1. RETARD

RETARD New Member

Mrs RETARD and I have had some lamb cutlets in the freezer for a while now.
    TBH i couldn't think of anything much to do with them so i took the RETARD approach "simple ... but magnificent!" :D

Follow me its easy...
    Feeds 2 people

What you need
    6 x Lamb Cutlets
    EVOO or Veg oil
    5 Potatoes
    Veggies (yes i used frozen veggies - hey its the weekend)
    Spices for the wedges (what ever you've got lying around really) i used:
    Tumeric
    Onion Powder
    Thyme
    Mixed Herbs
    Salt & Pepper
    Dipping sauce of your choice - i used sweet chilli

What you need to do:
    Allow your meat to sit at room temperature. Whilst it does this you can get everything ready
    Peel your potatoes and part boil them for about 15-20 minutes til slightly cooked
    Remove them from the water and cut them into halves and then make little wedge shapes
    sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon of each of your spices and a good drizzle of oil to coat. mix very gently with your hands being careful not to break the wedges.
    Place into a preheated oven at 200C for 20 mins
    every 8-10 mins be sure to use a spatula to turn the wedges and recoat the potatoes with oil

whilst the potatoes are cooking to crispy goodness, now is a good time to get the plates out, set the table etc.

in a frypan place a good drizzle of oil and heat up over a medium temperature
    thoroughly salt & pepper the 'room temperature' lamb and place seasoned side down into the fry pan.
    now salt and pepper the top as well.
    cook for approx 3 mins a side (more if you don't like pink lamb)

whilst the lamb is resting for 5 mins or so give the potatoes one last mix and turn the oven up full whack to make sure they get nice n crispy on the outside
    shove some vegetables in the boiling water you used to part cook the potatoes.

Everything should be ready pretty much at the same time ready to plate up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought id better stop shovelling food into my face and show some perfectly cooked lamb :leet:
    [​IMG]

2. glasnt

glasnt Member

Damn, that's nice. I do the same thing for Mr Glasnt fortnightly, cutlets, steam vege + wedges, but it doesn't look anything like that!

Bravo!

3. benjagan91

benjagan91 Member

That looks amazing :thumbup:

4. daren3g

daren3g Member

thankx dude, makes me hungry even though i just had lunch.

Wow.:thumbup:

5. 1shot1kill

1shot1kill Member

The way I do my wedges is to toss them in oil, then toss them in the herb mix, then just bake until cooked on an oven paper lined baking tray.

Sometimes, just before they're cooked, I'll sprinkle a bit of grated cheese over the top of them.