Laptop or Desktop? Post what you're currently using for your editing.

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Andre Moon, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

I use a PC with Lightroom CC.

Intel 6700k
    16gb 3200 DDR4
    1TB Samsung 950 Pro SSD
    55" LG OLED 4k

I use irfanview to sort the keepers, then dump them into Lightroom, apply a crop and a preset, export to facebook/website.

I can't see myself ever going back to a normal size screen. 55" and 4k allows me to see sharpness and noise very easily, something that you can miss on a smaller screen.

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    Andre Moon

Andre Moon Member

Whoah! That is huge! How are the blacks on the OLED?
    Lots of great images on your website too :thumbup:

3. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Yeah.. blacks look fantastic.. and whites.. and all shades in between. Infact, the colour balance is excellent.. it don't have it calibrated but have taken my images to a local print store and they always look as intended, with the exception of them being a bit too dark for printing which is easily fixed with a minor curves adjustment.

The only real bummer is that in the first month of ownership I ran pretty much full brightness which resulted in a small amount of screen burn, so on some flat colours it's noticable, but in normal everyday use, you don't see it.. I've since turned the brightness down and it hasn't gotten any worse.

And thanks, yeah.. the website is an ever evolving thing. Definitely starting to build up a large collection of images these days and it really only started about 4 years ago.

4. Scootre

Scootre Member

2017 iMac 27 inch 5K, 32Gb ram, 1Tb SSD. Actually unboxed it yesterday after returning my 2015 27 inch 5K iMac to Apple and getting this as a warranty replacement after having probs with it. Images on a LaCie 16Tb Thunderbolt 3 drive with another identical 16Tb drive backing up. LR an PS.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. Azrael

Azrael Member

Currently an 11" Macbook Air on the road... which is not great with Affinity Photo and working with HDRs. :(

i7 2600k/16gb at home though, which fares much better.

Mainly sorting and quick edits in Photos these days, and editing in Affinity Photo, after i got jack of paying for PS/LR.