Large humanoid cat we all love (help?)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Captain_Jonno, Mar 26, 2019.

?

Would you help (Karma or just able?)

Poll closed Apr 9, 2019.
  1. Yes and will

50.0%
  2. No and not my problem, so fu.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

So,
    This isn't a sob or whinge, but as I'm a 15+ year OCAU member, many trades, help people out especially via private messaging I am definitely more of a giving type of chap when it comes to people in need.. especially once they have given it a crack.
    As I don't ask for anything, but this guy (Maximilian - named after a delicious feeding french restaurant in Verdun) and he has helped me get through a divorce and a lot more really. A very unique fellow. All dog only people always loved him and he has an uncanny brain and ability to know what is going on.. plus he is fun. Knows his name for sure, chases a ball when he wants to play with you.. and for a for a 14 kg very long large legend cat he needs he has and continues to need help for a little longer.

I basically came home one day, and he wasn't come.. was pouring with rain, and after running around I eventually found him as he made his way with two broken legs back to my old rental home.. .someone hit him and left him for dead.. eventually found him freezing with multiple broken legs and in terrible shape. When I found him he clutched me around the neck and didn't want to let go.. He later needed, surgery, then follow up surgery and well he was worth it. - although my Doctor ex-wife now wants him back. Go figure!

So, apart from losing a lot lately, I have had to sell my BMW e46 M3 to help pay for things and a lot more... well, I thought I'd never pay so much for an animal but due to his seriously unnatural behaviour and personality he is very fortunate and so am I..

Mean while here are a few pictures, and I am not asking for help but geez trying to get a consolidation loan or anything failed for some reason even though have a steady job.. then credit rating has tanked. Feeling pretty shit. So, if you are in a position of help I won't forget it and will definitely make others in the future get help when they generally deserve it. (don't ask how much all this has cost me) ... had to send him from Canada also lol

As for him, he is amazing and a real battler. Hard to explain... feels good to put this into words even though have to get up for work in a couple hours.

Let me know if can help via PM and it will go towards paying back loans for this guy.... also have x-ray images and plenty more pics if wanted!

Just had to throw this down as I can't sleep. Kinda stressed but thanks for the read and any help you might be able to give.

Cheers,
    Jon

Attached Files:

Dodge M4S and adamsleath like this.
  2. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Glad to hear he made it. You mention poor credit, which may be an issue but have you looked into vetpay?
    https://www.vetpay.com.au/

3. power

power Member

Good on you for sticking with him, when my boy was sick i honestly didn't think about the money i spent. every time they said the amount i just blotted it out and put my pin in, i know the amounts were high but the price is worth it. Vet told me many just give up on their pets I was shocked.

Hang in there, money is always a short term hurdle.

Andy3008 likes this.
  4. sanjay

sanjay Member

mate that is heartbreaking. good on you for sticking with him. sincerely hope he is on the mend now and on the up and up.

this is just another reason why i'll never let my catters be outdoor cats :(

5. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Possible to throw some money your way to help? Not charity, just brothers helping each other out. I'll put some forward straight away.

museumman, Captain_Jonno and Andy3008 like this.
  6. pwlm1975

pwlm1975 Member

Mate I wish you and your friend all the best, and would love to donate some money if you can pm some details. Like Akh-Horus, no strings just pay it forward with your kindness and humanity when you're yourself again.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    museumman, Akh-Horus and Andy3008 like this.
  7. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

You have a PM regarding help .

museumman and Akh-Horus like this.
  8. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester Member

What Akh said... PayPal?

museumman and Akh-Horus like this.
  9. Zee

Zee Member

I know how you feel, my own cat got nailed a few years back, the first few vets just wanted to amputate (said he was an old cat, at 7...), in the end found a good vet that was willing to do the job at a fair price, and now, at 15, he's still owns the house.

I know the exact feeling, mine cost well over $10K, two broken legs would probably have you well over that.

Not in a position to help right now, but if you shoot me a PM, I may be able to do something in a short while.

Z...

10. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Since your name is Jon, can I send a lasagna every Monday for the next year?

Failing that, I will point out I hate cats (my eyes are allergic) but I’d be happy to send a small amount via PayPal or send some beer to take some stress off.

museumman and Captain_Jonno like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

Firstly, I am really touched. Please excuse my average grammar and so forth.

I officially feel overwhelmed by honest care. While this process has put me back financially and also spiritually I do feel humbled by this community. As I just logged in now.

During the day, I hadn't checked my private email or phone messages and only just in the last few minutes after getting home from work a couple hours ago.

Humility has taken a next level and honestly will happily not just pay anyone back when I can, but he truly is special and means the world to me at this time and will fight to keep him.. Although, it is a very complicated situation in itself and while I made mistakes by being weak allowing her to take what she can and she would happily throw money to ensure she gets him knowing how much I and others I know do care for him like a family member. It is very difficult and is not like some one I have met before, in the sense she doesn't understand pain on a human level. She is very book smart but she has taken everything from me in this process. As I never hurt her and did truly try to do by her best intentions she has amazing logical skills, as far as book smart goes and an ability to get what she wants. I don't hate her, or anyone really but this is different. He is truly like a son in a fur body.

While I am a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer by trade it does seem I am really under attack on all fronts and this is the only place I felt like I could express myself. I am not on any other forums or have asked for assistance from anyone close to me for pride sake.

While not going into too much detail, just know I am honestly a caring, not stupid and try my best to live in such a fashion. Sure, it can be seen as a test of character and what not, but geez seeing him like that and life kicking me while I am down has taken me to a place I never knew existed.

So, do know I do more than just appreciate any private messages of thoughts and advice. I do feel sick to ask, I/we do appreciate any help and will ensure he is something worth winning.

I will keep a record of whom helped us (Maximilian and myself) and when I can will help you back if ever needed I will at the earliest time.

My paypal is: (Agg edit: removed until verified) and banking is with NAB (BSB, Account number and full name will be supplied via PM if you are able to help.. pay for his surgery, lawyers... well an obscene amount of money TBH.

Please if you do help, let me know who you are, so I can help you back if ever needed. I mean, I never expected this myself after 15+ years on here and never asking for a cent in my life.

You're a good bunch. Very humbling. - Name via PM :) thanks Mr Power (I am clearly a bit off my game)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2019
  12. power

power Member

you may wish to remove your details from the above post this part of the forum does not require members to login. Just PM people who want to help out. Just my 2c.

13. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

Thanks. Weird, how as much as I have always been apart of OCAU I felt like it was a community. Yet, clearly forgot the obvious stupidity regarding supplying my details! Thanks Power

power likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

He is a big part of it, but hate the thought of him being with my ex.. someone that is very self centered and never even changed the litter. Got him at a very young age and the idea of not having him in my life is actually quite hard. Although, she and her family has almost limitless money but at least I do hope I/we can get him fixed up and be together. Definitely not a big win considering all my savings went to pay for her becoming a Doctor and so forth, I need help to let this legend keep us going TBH

Zee likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

A few Maximilian related x-rays, him prior to almost freezing to death before finding him in a bush awaiting to die..
    He was the little kitten in the middle. (white face)
    Standard Yawn
    Such a legend

Attached Files:

16. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

Some other pics to give you an idea of the type of fellow this guy is. Also, in case she decides via lawyers, I that cannot post any pictures of my beloved cat here he is.

Attached Files:

Andy3008 likes this.
  17. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

All right people, lets kick this into gear. See what stuff we have that we don't need that can be sold to help!

Captain_Jonno, power and Andy3008 like this.
  18. Zee

Zee Member

Awesome - I can see the little guy has a huge dose of character.

Paypal details noted.

Z...

Captain_Jonno likes this.
  19. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Sorry to hear about his accident! I'd be devastated if anything happened to Floyd, my fuzzy buddy.

Sooo, I hate to be That Guy but a couple of people have raised concerns about this thread, so putting on my Admin hat I would be remiss to not follow up. Is there any chance you can take a photo of Max with a current OCAU screenshot in the background? Just a simple verification which I'm sure will make people feel better about helping out.

zeggie, Akh-Horus and sanjay like this.
  20. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Good point Agg but remember this cat is not to be made into kitten juice please lol.

Seriously though, if all is legit as it appears, maybe some for sale threads?

Captain_Jonno and Agg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.