Large humanoid cat we all love (help?)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Captain_Jonno, Mar 26, 2019.

?

Would you help (Karma or just able?)

Poll closed Apr 9, 2019.
  1. Yes and will

50.0%
  2. No and not my problem, so fu.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

If you would like to see him in action .... poor fella really struggles atm :( ... my canadian import cat is totally worth it!

2. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

3. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

max massage.jpg He still likes a good massage

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

Once again, anyone who has contributed 1000 thank you's. I have been up all night preparing for Tuesday and working out what else I can sell to make some money. To help me keep him and deal with everything in the interim. - Might have to sell the DJI Mavic Pro Drone combo pack and my bike.. hmm :/

5. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

Attached Files:

6. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

^ Still waiting on this. I'm always a skeptic, but still haven't seen the requested photo.

7. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

If the logistics of his recovery make it hard to get a screenshot photo, just writing "OCAU" on a piece of paper and having that in a photo with him would be fine. Again I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything and I really hope your cat gets the help he needs. People are obviously keen to help but naturally cautious about donations, so this simple verification would make it a lot easier for them to pitch in.

This photo seems to have been taken with an iPhone 4 in 2012?

8. shredder

shredder Member

I'm surprised you didn't do this before asking for donations.

To me, someone who owns $1000 drones on an $80,000 average salary (civil/geo engineer - probably $100k+ in Melbourne) isn't that desperate for money.

I hope I'm not being a prick here but I have to question your priorities.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  9. Xenon

Xenon Shīrāzī

Agg likes this.
  10. shredder

shredder Member

Yes, I'm sorry, but I figured as much. Things are not quite right here.

Little grammar weirdnesses in the text, borderline non-sequiturs, and a strange refusal to answer direct questions, are also red flags.

A genuine person would have immediately posted Agg's requested screenshot, which would have set off a slew of fresh donations. That they did not, is to me fairly clear.

But hey, prove me wrong.

11. power

power Member

probably the first and last time i'll donate to any ocau causes.

i know most of what i sold was old crap, but there were a couple of decentish video cards too. I also copped a fair bit of additional post as i just charged really low post to members.

also members dontated who i'm sure didn't really need my old stuff.

bit of a kick in the nads OP.

12. shredder

shredder Member

I'm just sorry that I posted supportively early in the thread, and Liked everyone's posts (before I got suspicious in the following days, and came back and deleted/removed those things). Sadly, that participation probably just added to the air of legitimacy. So I feel a tad duped as well, even though I didn't donate. Oh well, lesson learned.

Whether the person who posted this thread is the real Jonno, or some random that hacked his OCAU account, I wonder. Can easily locate the real life Jonno to ask, but we'd either get a true denial or a lie denial, and end up none the wiser anyway.

Unless we've a bank account to trace, in which case there could be fraud case...

13. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

we will get tracy grimshaw right on it

14. shredder

shredder Member

Was thinking more the police with a fraud complaint. We already know the RL identity of the ocau account creator, that's not the issue.

But again, you'd ideally need a unique identifiable detail such as bank a/c number, to link to the fraud. Not sure if anyone got it, or wants to pursue that criminal complaint. That's up to the individuals involved.

15. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

Very dodgy, the few images I checked that have exif data attached range from 2002 to 2011. Given its now 2019 the cat is unlikely to still be alive. Check this image, which is also geo-tagged to Canada (I know he said he brought him back from there but it didn't sound like the cat was hit there). Screenshot_20190407-061014.png

16. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

[​IMG]

i mean yeah you can report to the police, should be easy enough to attain all the information ie payment details, web traffic
    i only mention ACA is because they love to name/shame, follow the accused around with a camera demanding answers - this is a story as good as any of the others, probably should LOCK the posts (not the thread) so they cant be edited/removed

the thing that shits me the most is this thread is full of online vets starting their accounts in early 2000s & two mods show up ASAP but its the members who did all the sniffing out of potential fraud

imo donations should be policed as hard as the for sale thread, like 24 hr cool down before a donation post can be posted & has to be vetted/approved by an admin
    & if your asking for help online (no shame in it by any means) and you want the community to rally behind you, probably best being as transparent as possible - so post drivers license w/ address & a bill with same address and dated within weeks of making the post (dont post in public, just make it part of the vetting/approval stage)

i know its hard to believe a member of the community since 2000s could pull off a stunt like this, but keep in mind people who pick up habits change gambling/ice addiction makes people cross into whole new thresholds (not accusing the OP of these btw, just in general)
    i really hope he comes online and disproves the skepticism but.....

17. sammy_b0i

A conversation was started among different forum admins <24hrs after the OP first posted. Which is why Agg posted his picture request in the same period.

Perhaps forum members should treat donation requests in the same way that we encourage them to treat for sale threads? Don't hand any money over without doing your due diligence?

millhouse likes this.
  18. broccoli

broccoli Member

That's not true. 17 isn't that old...

19. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

the sale section is heavily moderated with a list of rules, im sorry I must have missed the rules for donation pages, got a link handy? cheers mate

20. sammy_b0i

There is no rules for donation requests, just the same common sense that should be applied with the trading section. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.