Large humanoid cat we all love (help?)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Captain_Jonno, Mar 26, 2019.

?

Would you help (Karma or just able?)

Poll closed Apr 9, 2019.
  1. Yes and will

50.0%
  2. No and not my problem, so fu.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

*if* this is a scam then that's really sad though isn't it. I mean there's plenty of people who struggle financially and they'd be too proud to ask. When something like this happens it just puts everyone off helping next time something gets posted again....
    Often it's those who can only barely afford to share some $$ who give in my experience because they still remember what it's like to be struggling

mAJORD likes this.
  2. shredder

shredder Member

It could also be identity theft. Someone that's hacked the OCAU account/password, figured out some basic details (like the user's name and job) to make it sound like they're legit, and create a similar sounding Paypal address - but is in reality some dude in Russia (/insert country here).

That's why the bank account would be key evidence - to possibly rule out identity theft.

3. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

The recent messages appear to have been posted from Melbourne.. I checked that early on.

4. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

This will be his third time on the same leg. He has been with me and my ex since barely two weeks old since 2009. Travelled from Canada and look forward to updating thread. I even have pics of him when holding him in her hand (she has tiny hands)

5. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

received_10153202690937437.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

He may be a bit older, and have pictures from throughout his life, but look forward to updating with him in arms with OCAU when I get him back again. After just reading the recent posts, I was never begging for help but wrote the forum to vent and have a place to chat. I have been very disconnected from my family and friends and asking for assistance is just a legit lifeline. This is one fellow that I am fighting for and as from Tuesday I will sell stuff that can be picked up locally. Can meet him yourself. Plus If you see my previous threads you may be able to see my past locations. - once again this wasn't meant to create an extra layer of stress and there are many things going on. In the mean time thanks for any support. Even the "thoughts and prayers" variety

josh_676 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

No my cat isn't 17 years old - I have been a member for 17 years. Since living in Adelaide, Melbourne, Canada and back to Melbourne.
    I'm not debt ridden having to restart life, personal loans and many other things following divorce related. Hence difficulty of having my buddy get hurt and unable to consolidate loans.
    Sold most what I can on things such as Gumtree and Carsales that are more appropriate.
    I don't have notifications on my phone, but clearly a lot of jumping to conclusions but thanks for any trusting people while I have been not as active to respond especially in the last 24 hours or so.
    Gimme about an hour and he will be in my hands in front of TV wit oh dated OCAU. So thanks for support to everyone in any form!

8. josh_676

josh_676 Member

Guys - you donated to a person you thought needed it, why the need to dig through his history to see if it is legitimate?

hollysmum likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

View attachment 7914

Attached Files:

10. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

This cat doesn't have any tabby stripes on its face :confused: plus it's April the 7th...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  11. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

20190407_204331.jpg Got enough going on but he is groggy, looking small but fluffy and purrs so much being near. Just gonna leave it at that but thanks for listening and never meant to create drama concern by mentioning donation or even giving a lot of my personal info out. Especially my full details when creating the original post. Cheers.. The hand is also mine in picture - notice the 'Iron Ring'.. you get them when you graduate Engineering in Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ring

12. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

I should have kept notification on for this thread before it went out of control. Just know I had only read the good stuff and appreciated everything. Truly didn't want to look like a bum and shouldn't have uploaded pictures of his life story as it was clearly confusing. Feel free to close/delete thread.

13. shredder

shredder Member

All the best. I really hope you find the help you need. And that your kitty, whose facial markings look to have changed a bit, is well.

14. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

Reading least page thread now, I can see why confusing as dates due to me uploading pictures of various times/dates non-specifically. From when he was a kitten back in 2009 from kijiji (gumtree style - in halifax canada), from when he first fell off a balcony, breaking leg once, 2 years later, getting hit by a car, up until most recently. Either way, for a 10 yo cat he will be okay, all will live. Ta

15. OP
    OP
    Captain_Jonno

Captain_Jonno Member

Thanks mate. He has been in good hands but at least this time he doesn't have any bloody cuts or was found suffering outside in a Canadian winter like the first time.. Had a rough time.. or sitting in Customs prior to becoming an Australian. (p.s.) don't tell ex-wife there is a pic of her holding him earlier either (back in Canada) :p also a different date FYI.

oh and its april 7th.. fuck I need sleep!

16. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Yeah i'm sorry but that really does not appear to be the same cat. It's also definitely not 16kg or whatever.

I think you should come clean with the true story, and be up front with everyone - or at least those who donated $$$ (via PM) . They may still be happy let you keep the money they've already sent your way - A plea for help is a plea for help, and there are lot of very understanding, and generally great people on here (pretty much anyone who' donated to start with) But continuing to mislead with this half- true (maybe) story is wrong, and some of those people might not be so generous at this point. (and pursue you - Which is extra stress you probably don't need).

All the best. and to be frank it seems you have problems than outweigh any financial hardship tied to the cat, which may be clouding your judgment here. So please to make sure you seek support , either outside of OCAU, or in.. Maybe even consolidate what you've devoured so far about your situation, into a thread elsewhere.. plenty of others here have done so when falling on Tough times. and It has done them a world of good.

On the other hand, you just upload a clear picture of the cat - with the OCAU post in the background - tidy up some of the glaring inconsistencies in your posts, and ignore at least the first paragraph above!

17. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

Except for the fact he's now deleted the other two pictures, which in itself is highly questionable, along with the fact he said he wasn't picking up the cat until tomorrow (today) but suddenly had the cat. I saved the picture of the bogus cat from the future...

I really hate seeing people taking for a ride.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  18. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I'm not going to select the FU option on the poll, however I have no intention of donating to someone who earns, if the story is true, a crapload more than I draw from my super to help someone pays his bills..because lets be honest here, we aren't saving the cat, we are helping the OP to pay the bills.

If the OP is genuinely an engineer, he is more than capable of getting a loan and paying his own bills, unless he is financially irresponsible and therefore probably deserves to be in the predicament he is in.

If the OP wants to sell stuff that I am interested in buying, and is willing to let me pay on pick up (he is apparently in Melbourne?), then I might be interested. Should that be the case then I'll look forward to meeting the cat too of course.

I'm also concerned that despite requests we still haven't seen a photo of the cats injuries with an OCAU placard next to it, as requested.

Apologies to the OP if this seems harsh, but if its not a scam, a photo of your finger with an OCAU post under it is not going to convince me. Show us the injured cat with an OCAU placard.

Please also explain the date stamps on the pictures of the injured cat. Not all smells are caused by something bad, but yeah.. something smells.

19. Hater

Hater Member

Cats don’t belong in the country anyway, should have stayed in Canada. I’ll donate if you send it back.

Not that this cat actually exists anyway, but yknow. I hope power kicks you in the balls.

20. power

power Member

i'm more open to animal based charity these days ever since becoming an active member of an animal rescue group who rescue, foster and adopt out animals in genuine need.

I don't know what's going on with the OP of this thread, it feels like you have been yanking everyone's chain. When I read your OP I saw someone who swallowed their pride and reached out in the early hours of the morning. Someone who's been a member of this forum as long as I and I also identified with you as a year and 7 days ago I lost my little guy to something that could not be cured and I understood the financial pain that can come with mounting vet bills.

I guess in some ways I was the perfect scam victim eh.

You aren't telling us the full story or you are telling the story in a weird way and the longer this goes on the weirder it is. I truly hope that this is all just terrible communication from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.