Large humanoid cat we all love (help?)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Captain_Jonno, Mar 26, 2019.

?

Would you help (Karma or just able?)

Poll closed Apr 9, 2019.
  1. Yes and will

50.0%
  2. No and not my problem, so fu.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinian

Tinian Member

Copious posts later and still no proof of the cat with a current OCAU background as requested by Agg. You've been had and the OP is a ****.

2. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

He did. He posted this showing a completely different cat - Note shape of nose patch, eyes, lack of tabby lines..... then deleted it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  3. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

I've seen at least 1 post now of a totally different cat posted by OP, then deleted a few min later. Had totally white front legs, which original cat does not. Wish i screenshotted the posted now.

Something is fishy.

4. mareke

mareke Member

You are right. They are different cats.

The original cat (the first photo below taken from post #69) which he claims is the one he incurred the bills for has light brown or orange coloured rings around both eyes & streaks in his fur. There are streaks over the top of his head including orange or light brown streaks. In contrast the cat in the photo he deleted (the second photo below) doesn't have the light brown or orange rings around his eyes. The cat he deleted has uniform coloured fur on the top of his head with no streaks & the colour of the fur isn't the classic streaked tabby cat fur of the original cat.

Also the body below the head of the original cat has light coloured rings radiating around his upper torso just below his neck but in the deleted photo a blanket suspiciously covered the cat's body below the head to hide the differences between it and the original cat.

He used a different cat in an attempt to provide the proof that Agg asked for. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. power

power Member

different lighting and camera quality will highlight different markings, the two pics you've posted look like the same kitty to me.

josh_676 likes this.
  6. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

Ignoring the tabby lines which could be washed out in bad lighting, the white marking on his nose is a completely different shape and the eyes also don't have any light rings around them. Not to mention he deleted the picture.

7. power

power Member

unsure about the deletion, but does look like the same kitty from me still.

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

Yes, and the white blaze is exactly the same as in the photos on page one.

Seriously, this is getting absurd. Where do you think you can go and fetch cats to take photographs of? They don't just have hordes of similar-looking cats up at the orphanage (not ones with markings anyway) and they don't just let you manhandle them to take photos with bits of paper. I should know, I'm a crazy cat lady.

The OP's posts were never clear as to what's going on. Some sort of custody battle over this cat. Debts, couldn't get a consolidation loan. If you've made a donation and are now uncomfortable, he offered to refund, take him up on that.

josh_676 likes this.
  9. power

power Member

I want to believe, i'm still 90% sure everything is above board. Just odd, like the OP. :)

Oh, and judging hat on. OP and Mrs OP should be ashamed of themselves not putting furbaby first through everything - although everything that the Cap has said sounds like he's been fighting tooth and nail for Max.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  10. broccoli

broccoli Member

Many people post on this board in incoherent or incomplete ways....
    If this isn't "above board", what have you lost? You're a kind person, you've got that. Nobody can take that off you.

11. power

power Member

ignoring Agg wasn't his finest moment...

12. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

Post #1 & Post #69 look to be the same cat.

It's just not the same Cat that he posted in the picture that he put the OCAU proof photo in, and later deleted (as quoted by me in post #70)

I deal with cats daily and have some experience in telling them apart. I am probably being too forceful trying to hold this person to account, but I'm very sure the cat he's posting about and the cat he used in his 'proof picture' aren't the same and that leaves a very bad feeling in my stomach.

13. broccoli

broccoli Member

None of us knows what's happening behind the posts. He said the cat was at the vet's, maybe it was. If someone's struggling emotionally, doing the most basic things can be a more demanding task. The bottom line is that rethinking and analysing and worrying doesn't get you anything other than a bad feeling. What's the point?

14. power

power Member

yeah, we all need a chill pill - but not everyone will.

15. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

iMomOx3 likes this.
  16. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

The cat has already been to the vet, if in fact the whole thing is genuine. We aren't trying to save the cat here. The cat won't die if we don't donate. Its a begging thread for money to pay the OP's bills with. He is supposed to be an engineer, I am sure he could pay his own bills or get a loan if that is the case. I've changed my mind, I'm voting for FU.

17. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

This is the most dodgy part, the fact that the "recovering from surgery" photo is dated 2012 - as per your attachment.
    Many posts later and OP has not even addressed this. Just showing more random photos and a random hand in front of an post edit doesn't prove this isn't simply a compromised account.

18. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Well, there was an RSPCA letterhead in the backround of one of the OCAU note photos (also deleted) ;)

That's quite a common marking. Ours is similar..

IMG_20190404_203309.jpg

As is Daughter's cat wallet

19. josh_676

josh_676 Member

Also my Dogg had black and pink nose, it's now fully black... Things change over time

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

Did you read the OP? A consolidation loan application was refused.
    Anyway, if it makes you feel better to be all judgy and condemning, that's up to each of us to decide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.