1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest Tomtom V7 App and One XL problems.

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by g12345567, Nov 22, 2007.

1. g12345567

g12345567 Member

I just installed the latest software application update v7.161 on my tomtom One XL via TomTom Home v2

Problem is I am using a 3rd party 4gb SD card and whenever I turn the TomTom off and try to turn it back on again it acts as if its dead. No power and will not turn on anymore. Strange thing is after I have removed and reinsert the sd card the TomTom then will turn on and work perfectly. But only after the memory card has been removed and reinserted.

Anybody else had this happen to there tomtom? I never had this problem before the last application update was installed.

2. Dollie

Dollie Member

I have a 2GB sandisc 3rd party SD card with a tomtom one v2 with latest update with no problems.

I would email support, they are slow to answer but usually helpful.

3. OP
    OP
    g12345567

g12345567 Member

Thanks removed the memory card and did a factory reset.
    That fixed my problem.

4. cassius

cassius Member

Gday, I have started to look for a GPS myself for Christmas as my wife said go get one and that can be your chrissy present...anyway, when searching the internet, only knowing brands such as Tom Tom and Navman are decent I have some interest in your particyular model and just like to ask are you happy with it. Would you recommend the unit to someone else. Have you had any problems with it apart from what you have mentioned in your OP.

Cheers
    Clay