Lebanese Koftas.

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by scon, Apr 26, 2009.

1. scon

scon Member

Ok. So I made some Koftas with Tabouli and Hummus for the mince meat challenge.

Ingredients: Lamb Mince, Yoghurt, Chick Peas, Tahini, Ginger, Lemon, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Parsley, Mint, Coriander, Cumin, Burghul and Pita bread.

[​IMG]

Kofta Ingredients, Lamb, Coriander and Parsley, Red Onion, Ginger, Chilli, Cumin and Yoghurt.

[​IMG]

Koftas made and tabouli made of Parsley, a little mint, tomatoes, red onion, burghul soaked in lemon juice, olive oil.

[​IMG]

Hummus, made from a can of chick peas, blended with tahini, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.

[​IMG]

Koftas made up and ready for the bbq.

[​IMG]

Koftas on the blurry bbq.

[​IMG]

Ready to roll!

[​IMG]

2. AmB

AmB Member

yum, looks great. Any chance of getting a list of amounts with those ingedients?

3. copious

copious Member

looks tops. Damn how awesome is that BBQ ? I have one of those, small charcoal based ones which are portable ... they make everything taste so much better.

4. OP
    OP
    scon

scon Member

Sorry AmB, it's all done by sight... I know there was about 500g of beef mince there.

And yeah copious, that bbq has paid for its $30 price tag (from Mitre 10) many times over. It's awesome. I got it originally for satays, but it's good for so many things, we do spatchcocked chickens portuguese style and they come up sooo good.

5. AmB

AmB Member

No probs.
    I'll get 500g of (nice) mince and guestimate the rest by looking at your pix :)
    Cheers
    AB

6. madcaow

madcaow Member

man they look good. i need me one of those bbq's!