LED Flashlights.. CREE, Xenon and Luxeon, oh my!

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by damnation, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mmBax

mmBax Member

Was it you who I got these P7's through originally? That would have been 5 or so years ago easily.

Definitely don't like the pricing of the P7R. But the convoy looks decent. Will definitely keep that on the list.

2. Sillen

Sillen Member

Sofirn SP36 BLF is pretty sweet.

3. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

It's possible I might have recommended one, but if by 'got through' you mean purchased from, not guilty your honour :)

I still have several LED Lenser torches, the original lenser tactical, K3, M1, M14 and P7. I always loved the build quality and feel of them, and they're the only brand I've purchased that every one still works without fault. The light output of those early models is disappointing weighed against current tech though, and I haven't had the cash to throw at one of the newer v2 versions with the better LED and battery tech. If money were no object I probably still would, but you know.. something something bank robbery etc.

I have one similar to this. They are stupidly bright, but awkward to hold, even with decently large hands. They do make a great light for adding daylight to room though. You tail stand them in the middle of a room and expect to see into every corner.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  4. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

Hello lads. First time poster here

Was looking at Ledlenser torches this week as gifts for my upcoming groomsmen. I have a cheap little ledlenser AAA thingy at home that doesn't work properly and although their 'proper' torches looked a lot more deserving of the price tags, I decided to go a different way. A bit of homework pointed me more towards Olight.

I ended up grabbing Baton Pro 2000s for the fellas. They are a sweet little torch, stupidly bright on turbo mode for something of their size, and they take a single user-replaceable 18650. The magnetic end-cap charger cable is a really nice touch IMO. I didn't get one for myself - instead I treated maself and got the X7R Marauder. The other guys are techy lads who'll appreciate a good quality torch but they don't do much camping or night time things. I on the other hand do it plenty and every single time find myself wishing I had a decent source of light. Getting into hunting as well I'm sure I'll appreciate the 'big f*ck off' nature of the X7R

Will post some pics if it's of interest when they arrive?

PS, the X7R batteries "are not user-serviceable" but they totally are. It's just 4x 18650s in 2S2P config with some spot-welded strip

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    EvilGenius likes this.
  5. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

These puppies arrived this arvo
    [​IMG]

The X7R is nicely packaged as you'd expect. Really nice quality and feel to it
    [​IMG]

Wine bottle for scale
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little baton pro comes with some really nice accessories
    [​IMG]

Both of them look and feel awesome
    [​IMG]

SO. FKING. BRIGHT. I won't bother taking pics of the beam there are tons of reviews for them out there

Akh-Horus, EvilGenius and NanoDuke like this.
  6. garnet

garnet Member

soo bright T_T, ppl dies for much less

7. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Bright! My bright lights are ones that I modded with an MT-G2 LED which do around 3K lumens and one of the first released Meteor M43 with Nichia 219BT LEDs which do around 6.6K lumens. I haven't really found the need to purchase/make a light that produces lumens in the five figures just yet.

8. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Has anyone got a nitecore d4 charger?

9. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Yup. Got one. I think it's the "new" version. Got it in 2018 or 2019 after giving away my older one.

10. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Possibly silly question, but there’s one set of batteries and the charging indicator only flashes on the bottom line. Does that mean it’s charging? I only just noticed it the other day

11. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Either that or it's a dead cell. What chemistry cell are you trying to charge?

The D4 has always been my go to charger if the Maha MH-C9000 cannot charge a nimh cell. With lions, I had supposedly dead cells (initially reading 0 volts or not even charging with other chargers) that it was able to revive and start charging again.

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Where did you nab these from?

EDIT; Found it: https://www.olightstore.com.au/olight-baton-pro-2000-lumen-rechargeable-led-torch/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  13. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Bottom line no matter how long you leave them in? Bottom line only is generally completely flat and charging.. I've had mine flash all three at once as if something is wrong, but once left for a few days eventually start charging like normal, that was with some deeply discharged eneloops. Maybe just leave it for a bit and see what happens.

14. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

yeah that worked, left them in there for over 24 hours and they fully charged

EvilGenius likes this.
  15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

16. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

nice... tempted to pick up the Perun mini. I have the Perun 2000 which is awesome but maybe just a little bulky as a head torch