1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Left 4 Dead / Left 4 Dead 2 / Last Stand DLC

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Vanne, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Vanne

Vanne Member

Pretty fitting really, Valve updates L4D2 after nearly 11 years, with "The Last Stand"!

left4dead2.jpg

(from the official L4D webby) https://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=64861

Coming Soon: The Last Stand
    August 26, 2020 - L4D Team

It has been many years since the infection first hit. Radio silence, no sign of life, nothing but lingering hopes... CEDA is not going to save us. But there is hope! A few brave souls have continued the fight against all odds, and soon we can all benefit from their resilience.
    "The Last Stand" is an update for Left 4 Dead 2, created by the community, for the community. Additional details will be coming soon.

Until then, check out the teaser trailer and prepare to make your Last Stand.

Its really going to be awesome! Ive been playing both games since release, and much to my horror, My 9 year old absolutely loves it (yep, parent of the year NOT, banned him, but somehow keeps re-installing it), but there is even a show on YouTube about the characters of L4D/L4D2. The source engine still amazing in these games, shows you how advanced Valve was when they released this and the other Source games. Were also HUGE fans in our household of Portal and Portal 2.. yes, you get no cake!.

Such a great game, and I cant believe its aged soo well..

If you haven't played these, you OWE it to yourself to get them and see what the fuss is about. Also very surprising there hasn't been a L4D3 announcement.. The original development team (now called Turtle Rock) has however started their own Zombie ip, "Back 4 Blood", but its not ready yet.

Ill give a short game description for both L4D and L4D2, just in case you've been living under a rock.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  2. bester

bester Member

Great game, I still occasionally play L4D2 with friends and will check out this new content when available.

Vanne likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Vanne

Vanne Member

Yeah we play a lot too. Great game, just awesome really, eve more so if you think about that L4D1 was released in 2008..

4. JaC

JaC Member

:lol: You're a funny guy. Everyone knows valve can't count to 3.

Vanne likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Vanne

Vanne Member

lol true, but how about 2.5 :D

there is actually a really cool comic on the l4d site. in pdf so you can just download it.

check it out at:

https://www.l4d.com/comic/

l4dcomicxx.gif

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  6. OP
    OP
    Vanne

Vanne Member

Release date of September 24.

The Last Stand will include more than 20 new Survival mode maps, updated animations, restored voicelines ("It's a bitch apocalypse now, bitch" makes me think that maybe those lines were cut for a reason), new melee weapons, two new mutations, 30 new achievements, and "a plethora of bug and exploit fixes."

Including:

• The Last Stand campaign - The survivors decide to take an alternate path in hopes of salvation, but is this path truly safe?
    • 30 brand new achievements - New and unique milestones to strive for!
    • 26 new survival maps - How long can you survive against the endless hordes?
    • 4 new scavenge maps - Wait, people still play scavenge?
    • 2 brand new melee weapons - Hunt down a Jockey with the pitchfork or whack it with the shovel. Satisfaction guaranteed!
    • L4D1 infected - The L4D1 infected are back, and they're bloodier than ever!
    • New and previously unused voicelines for survivors - Rochelle has a personality now!
    • New character animations - New, improved and overhauled animations by our skilled modding team!
    • Reworked gun models and animations - The guns now behave more like real guns!
    • PvP enhancements and balance changes - New attack spots, new tank spawns, and hundreds of new infected ladders for the competitive modes!
    • Official implementation of CSS weapons - The CSS weapons are now available to everyone!
    • Brand new mutations Rocketdude and Tank Run - Ever wanted to launch yourself around with a grenade launcher, or run away from hordes of tanks? We've got you covered.
    • Improved UI options - Singleplayer option for more gamemodes, Versus Survival is officially brought to the main menu, easier gamemode switching, and new outro stats!
    • Hundreds of bug and exploit fixes - The days of falling through elevators are gone!
    This is gonna be freaking AWESOME!!
    I wonder if Jimmy Gibbs Jr. will make an another appearance.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

If it runs on Linux, I'm there. Which it probably will due to Proton.

8. OP
    OP
    Vanne

Vanne Member

update goes live in about an hour from now!! Bring it!! :D
    Sadly Jackson wont see it till the morning. hahaha

9. OP
    OP
    Vanne

Vanne Member

and its out!! so no late april 1rst joke.. :D

millen likes this.
  10. millen

millen Member

Never got a round to picking up L4D2, so I'm going to grab it now.